|𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆| 𝑴𝒂𝒚 𝑰 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖?

November 10.

I've been skipping school for about two or three weeks now. I heard a knock on my door and pretended to be asleep.

"Brianna?" I heard my mom's voice getting closer. Then, she started tickling me, making me giggle. "I knew you weren't asleep!" she said, smiling at me. My mom's usually moody, so this is surprising.

"Why did you stay home today?" she asked. It's about 4 PM.

"I'm not feeling well, Mom," I said, making a sad face. She rolled her eyes and slapped my leg. "Get up and come down," she said, getting up. "Or else you'll go to school tomorrow." I sighed as she closed the door. Slowly getting up and putting on a hoodie, I looked for my sweatpants but couldn't find them. "Shit," I mumbled, looking at the shorts in front of me. I sighed, putting them on and walking out of the room and down the stairs.

As soon as I got downstairs, I could smell food, and I smiled, walking to the kitchen island. I saw my mom with her back facing me. She then revealed a plate of rice, beans, and meat, placing it on the island in front of me and passing me a spoon. "Thank you," I said before starting to eat. Suddenly, the doorbell rang, and my mom frowned, walking to the door.

"Oh, hello!" I could hear my mom say. With my mouth full of food and my messy morning hair, I got up and looked from behind my mom. I couldn't see clearly, but I could see black, healthy hair. "Is Brianna here?" the person said, and the voice made my heart drop. "Yeah, why?" my mom asked, tilting her head. "I suppose you're her mom. I'm Ms. Martins, her calculus teacher. She hasn't been at school, and we've got a test next week." My mom nodded and listened closely. "Come in, Ms. Martins! I'll get Brianna here in a minute," my mom said, inviting her in. "Oh, Ma'am, it's alright j-" My mom cut her off. "Come on in!!" she did a fake smile, mumbling through her teeth, and Ms. Martins sighed.

I'm in trouble.

I walked to the bathroom, brushing my hair as fast as possible.

"Brianna!" my mom basically yelled, and I got out of the bathroom. "Hm?" I pretended not to know, and she squinted at me. "Go to the living room. Now," she said, and I sighed, knowing if I didn't, I would get in trouble.

I took a deep breath and walked to the living room, seeing her sitting down with her hands on her legs. She looked so beautiful. Her blue eyes met mine, and I wanted to melt, but I sat down at the edge of the couch. I saw how she just followed me with her eyes. We stayed silent for a while, and I could feel her staring at me. My heart was beating at 100 mph until she broke the silence. "Why haven't you gone to school, Brianna?" she asked.

I shrugged, and she sighed. "Brianna, is it because of me?" I looked at her for the first time, seeing guilt in her eyes.

"I knew I should have switched your classes," she mumbled, loud enough for me to hear.

"Ms..." she interrupted me. "I'll leave now, Brianna. I'll switch your classes. Oh, and you have a test. I came here with all the worksheets." Before she could get up, I grabbed her arm and forcefully sat her down.

She looked shocked.

"Just... stay. You can teach me because if you leave now, my mom will kill me," I said with a pleading gaze. She sighed and nodded, grabbing the papers and putting them on her lap. I watched her movements, how she pulled out a pen from somewhere I'm not sure of, and how she scooted closer to me. "Are you ready?" she asked. Her voice now seemed more alive, unlike in the classroom. I nodded, looking at her face. The closeness was overwhelming. As she started to explain, I couldn't focus, I could only focus on her face, how her lips moved. At some point, she looked back at me.

"May I kiss you?" I asked softly, my voice barely audible. Her eyes deepened, and she leaned in, pressing her lips against mine. A rush of sensation coursed through me, and I drew closer. She gently nibbled my lip, and I reciprocated. My fingers found their way into her hair, caressing it softly. She tenderly cupped my chin. After a while, we reluctantly pulled away. My breath came fast, and the world felt hazy. Her pupils dilated as she kissed my neck before pulling back, her gaze fixed on me.

It seemed she regained composure, her initial shock giving way to a sense of calm. "Brianna..." I sighed, cutting her off. "I know, I understand," I said, rising to my feet, trying to steady my breathing.

She furrowed her brow, halting me, taking my hand and guiding me on top of her, tucking a stray strand of hair behind my ear.

"Call me Natalie, would you?"

———

I'm rushing this if y'all haven't noticed lmfaoo 😭😭!!

but i'm trying my best yall 🔥