|𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏| 𝑵𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒔

November 13.

First period was dull; I didn't miss anything important in that class.

In second period, I sat down in my usual seat, like the good student I am. Everyone rushed in, but something was different today: assigned seats. I hate them, even though my seat is essentially already assigned to me.

Suddenly, Emma came in and sat next to me.
She smiled, and I smiled back. She scooted closer with her chair. "Hey," she said. I waved.

"You're so quiet," she remarked, tilting her head.
I chuckled. "I was going to stay quiet to see how long it took you," I said. She shook her head.

"Girl, you're so lucky you didn't come last week;
Ms. Martins was sending people to ISS left and right," she said. "Oh, that's not good," | replied, faking pity. I couldn't care less.

"Sit," Natalie commanded, and everyone sat down immediately, like obedient puppies. She looked over the class and then zeroed in on Emma. "Emma, did you not hear me?" she said, starting to get irritated. "I did, but I'm sitting," Emma retorted, glaring at Ms. Martins. Natalie shot back an even more intense glare. "Jacob, tell her what exactly I mean when I say sit," she said.

"To sit in your assigned seat, and quietly, Emma," he said immediately. Emma groaned, scraping her chair noisily on the floor. "Next time, pick it up," Natalie said, turning to write something on the board. She wrote 'EXAM' in red marker. Everyone groaned, including me, as she began distributing a pile of papers. When she reached Emma, she leaned down to whisper something in her ear. Emma looked pissed. After I got my paper, I couldn't help but watch the sway of Natalie's hips as she walked away.
"You can start now," she said, and everyone started working. I looked at the exam and immediately wanted to cry.

I don't know any of this stuff.

I never studied whatever she had given us.
I looked around, confused. I saw her looking at her phone. Suddenly, Emma tossed a paper at me. I unraveled it quietly.

"She said to watch my little mouth before I spend two weeks in ISS. I swear she doesn't like me," it read. I shook my head and wrote, "I don't know anything about this, wtf." Then I threw it back to her. After five minutes, she tossed it back.

"Me neither, but she's such a bitch. I hate her, Brianna," it read. I huffed. All Emma ever talked about was how much she hated Ms. Martins. I used to be like that, always in trouble. Now I'm quiet and don't get threatened anymore. "She isn't that bad. You were speaking back to her, so I see where she's coming from," I wrote back.

We continued passing notes until Emma wrote,
"This is my number, by the way. We should hang out tomorrow at my house." I replied with a
"We'll see." As I was throwing the note back, Ms.
Martins appeared out of nowhere, snatched it from Emma, and made a silent gesture to me, pointing to an empty desk. It was probably Kevin's seat since he was the only one absent today. I walked over and sat down with my paper and pencil. I started working on the exam but glanced up as I saw Natalie opening the note.

She read everything, then glared at me. I looked down and continued my work.

The bell rang, and everyone got up, placing their papers on her desk. Emma slammed hers down and gave me a puzzled look as I hadn't turned mine in yet. I gestured for her to wait outside, and she closed the door behind her.

I approached Natalie's desk to turn in my paper.
"Hey," I said. She looked up from her phone and then back down, ignoring me.

She fixed her gaze on me, then cleared her throat.
"Go to your next class, Brianna," she commanded firmly.

"But I don't have one, Ms. Martins," I replied, emphasizing her name with a smirk.

"You know, Ms., you should give me your number," I teased, flashing a cocky grin. She arched an eyebrow, chewing her gum, and rolling her eyes, but eventually relented, jotting something down on a sticky note. Motioning for me to come closer, she pulled me down, my hands landing on her thighs.

"Mmm..." I murmured as she softly kissed my neck, igniting a feeling of arousal unlike any I'd felt in previous relationships.

But we're not dating. We just kiss.

"Emma's waiting for me," i whispered, feeling her groan in my ear. "Do you care about her?" she asked, a hint of jealousy evident in her tone. "You're not going over there, right?" She slipped something into the back pocket of my jeans.

"Are you jealous?" I teased, chuckling.

She let go of me and pushed me away. "Go to where you're supposed to be, Brianna," she said, but there was a smirk on her lips. I smiled as I walked to the door, feeling her eyes on me the whole time.

Notes.