|𝒔𝒊𝒙| 𝑩𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

Continue.

Taking my seat across from her, I observed her face and scanned her figure, noticing a bracelet adorning her hand. "That's adorable," I remarked, gently touching the bracelet without making contact with her skin.

Her gaze met mine, and I sensed a slight discomfort, possibly due to my inadvertent glance at her chest. She nodded in response.

Curious, I inquired about the bracelet's origin. After a moment of contemplation, she replied, "My niece." seizing the opportunity, I suggested, "Tell your niece to make me one." She smirked, responding, "I'll see," as she stored away her food.

As she placed her hands back on the desk, I reached for the other set of bracelets on her wrists. A sudden burning sensation coursed through my fingertips upon touching her soft skin. I withdrew my hand momentarily, meeting her eyes. In that vulnerable moment, I sensed a hint of something deeper – perhaps hurt? Her expression shifted, and her walls swiftly went back up.

Our eyes locked, both of us searching for something. I yearned for her to open up, but the reality hit me – I'm just a stranger, a mere student. No amount of pleading would allow me a deeper understanding of her. The acknowledgment weighed on me, and my expression fell. She tilted her head, and I looked away, uttering, "I'll let you be," before rising and slinging my backpack over my shoulder, closing the door behind me.

Mrs nelsons POV
I grappled with the unfamiliar emotions triggered by Brianna's departure. A part of me wanted to call her back, to understand what went wrong, but restraint held me back. Why did I care? I shouldn't. Sighing, I ran my hands through my hair, reminding myself of Brianna's unabashed demeanor, especially after her rather direct gaze.

Reflecting on Brianna's evident curiosity about getting to know me, I found it somewhat amusing. She embodied the typical exploration of desires that one might expect from a high schooler. Somehow, I became the subject of her interest. Shaking my head, I stood up and exited the room.

Navigating the bustling halls filled with 11th and 12th graders, my attention was drawn to Brianna and Emma engaged in conversation. Emma was passionately expressing herself, while Brianna seemed visibly disinterested. Our eyes met, and she responded with a smirk, rolling her eyes in playful acknowledgment.

Upon entering the lounge, a groan escaped me at the sight of Margaret, an elderly but somewhat bothersome individual, occupying my usual seat. Helping myself to a candy, or perhaps more than one, I rolled my eyes and proceeded to my usual spot. Margaret decided to shift and join me, earning a side-eye from my end.

Engaging in conversation, Margaret inquired about me being Natalie, and we exchanged a few words about my day. I expressed my sentiments with a sigh, likening it to stubbing one's toe on a table. Margaret chuckled, attributing my apparent pessimism. I shrugged, emphasizing a pragmatic viewpoint rather than pessimism.

Margaret, the type of person who'd endure multiple betrayals and still offer help, left me repulsed. Noticing my quiet demeanor, she probed further, questioning the reasons. I explained my preference for silence to attain peace.

"Or is it simply your apprehension about letting anyone truly get to know you?"

Feeling a need for solitude, I got up, swung the door open, and stepped out. To my surprise, Brianna stood there with a shocked expression as I raised an eyebrow. Sighing, I observed her checking me out, feeling a sense of frustration.

She's everywhere.

Continuing my walk, I sensed Brianna trailing behind. Attempting to match my pace, she quickened, but I increased my speed. "You're quite the challenge," I remarked, and she laughed, asserting, "And? I know you enjoy my company," accompanied by a smirk. Looking at her by my side, I shook my head and suppressed a laugh.

"Why do you never smile? You never show your teeth," she queried, and I shrugged. Feeling her persistent gaze, I looked at her and offered a smile.

𝑩𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

This is so messy 😭😭 I've tried