TV Sneak Peek #4

Welcome to your favourite new show, NEAR OR FAR! Brought to life in a partnership between CBC Gem, Harlow Creative, and Wattpad WEBTOON Studios, Near or Far will be streaming on CBC Gem in Canada March 29th, and on YouTube WORLDWIDE on April 6th!

Lucky for you, we have some Wattpad-exclusive episodic companion pieces that go a little bit deeper in the lives of our twin sisters, Sadie & Lauren Mustafa.

INT. MAYA'S DORM ROOM - NIGHT

Harriet, now in sweats, lounges on Maya's bed. Maya enters from the bathroom, and gently nudges Harriet over. They lounge near one another, comfortable.

MAYA

So? What'd you think?

HARRIET

I don't know, Mai.

Maya applies facial moisturizer as Harriet absently folds her blankets, stacking them with near-military precision.

HARRIET

I don't think musical theatre was ever meant to be raved at. Or maybe it's already a rave just by being musical theatre. I tried, but... I don't know.

Maya rolls her eyes and THROWS a stuffie at Harriet. Automatically, Harriet fetches it from the floor and lines it up with others on Maya's bed.

MAYA

You know what I mean!

HARRIET

You mean, what did I think of dinner.

MAYA

Yeah. Lauren and her sister! That was fascinating, right? T

HARRIET

Was it?

MAYA

The whole twin thing? Totally new perspective. Come on, you had fun.

HARRIET

The layer of utterly dry nachos under the cheese was not fun.

MAYA

Let's say, except for that.

HARRIET

Yes, I had fun, with you.

MAYA

(prompting)