“ Okay, I will not stay, but let me feed Anokhi.  ” , Shobha said accepting defeat and agreeing to what he said, but Rishabh took the plate of food from Shobha's hand and said, “ I will do that too, you go. ”

Rishabh had no expressions on his face at this time but his heart was beating a little faster than usual.

He is saying all these things for Anokhi in front of his mom, in which his concern for Anokhi was clearly visible.

He was feeling a little uncomfortable thinking about what his mother would be thinking and what she would say to him next. But a mother is a mother, Shobha also understood what he is feeling , so she smiled at him and went away without saying anything.

After Shobha left, Rishabh sat next to Anokhi and extended the spoon towards Anokhi's mouth. Anokhi made a face and looked at the spoon and then at the plate. There was plain khichdi in the plate, tasteless.

"Don't make a face, open your mouth and eat it." Rishabh said staring at her, then Anokhi shook her head and said, "No, I don't want to eat it. There is no taste in it at all. It is not good at all."

"Don't tell me, I know about its taste. But you have to eat this."

Hearing Rishabh's words, Anokhi also started staring at him. She saw his plate of food kept on the table near the sofa behind Rishabh.  There was paneer ki sabzi, roti pulao and gulab jamun in his plate.

She made a bad face and said, “Yes, you will eat such a tasty food yourself , but you are feeding me bland khichdi. I will not eat it.” Saying this, Anokhi turned her face away.

Rishabh smiled seeing his wife's antics. Turning her face towards him, he said, “So you want me to eat a khichdi too.”

Anokhi shook her head and said, “No, I don't want you to eat this khichdi, I want me to eat that food of yours.”

“That will not happen. You will not get that food cupcake because for some days you will get food without spices and oil only.”, Rishabh said in a strict tone, then Anokhi made a cute face and started looking at him while blinking her eyes repeatedly, as if she was trying her best to make him convince.”

Rishabh was also understanding her cleverness.  He loving her actions but he did not let any expressions come on her face.

Then Anokhi's face changed suddenly. She stared at Rishabh and said, "Come closer."

"What?" Rishabh was shocked.

Anokhi said again, "I said come a little closer."

This time Rishabh came a little closer to her. Anokhi said again, "A little closer."

“ I think you have some bad intentions, Cupcake." , Rishabh said to Anokhi by narrowing his eyes. Anokhi calling him close again and again made Rishabh think that his beloved wife would try to convince him by kissing him. But his dream remained unfulfilled. His thinking turned out to be completely wrong.

Anokhi caught his collar and brought him close to her and started smelling his clothes.

" What are you doing?" , Rishabh asked her by moving her a little away from himself, then Anokhi started staring at him angrily.

Rishabh did not understand anything, so he asked with his eyes ‘ what are you looking at like this ’

Anokhi angrily fold both her hands and said to him, " How bad you are and dirty too. You ate Cupcake all alone and you are feeding me dirty Khichdi."

" How do you know?" , Rishabh was shocked for a moment. Then he realized that Anokhi was smelling his clothes.

“Is she my wife or a CID officer? She found out from my clothes that I had gone to a cake shop and for such a small thing she is staring at me so badly.  If ever by mistake she had smelled a girl's perfume then perhaps I would have been on the bed instead of her, that too injured.”, Rishabh said in his mind and started looking at his wild cat who was eager to claw him in anger.