The mark of the darkness

chapter title: The mark of the darkness.
Chapter 12

As the angels meticulously scoured every square inch of the celestial realms in their hunt for Mara, she executed a swift teleportation maneuver, finding herself abruptly thrust into Lucifer's cage. Within this dark, desolate realm, the air crackled with unrestrained energy, illuminated by relentless bolts of lightning and punctuated by the ominous rumble of thunder. Chains, sturdy and unyielding, extended from the cage, stretching towards the abyss above and below, tethering Lucifer's prison to the very brink of oblivion.

As she stood In Lucifer's cage, Mara took a moment to survey her surroundings, her eyes adjusting to the dim, ominous light that flickered sporadically. The space she found herself in was vast, yet confining-a colossal boxed enclosure that seemed to stretch infinitely in all directions. The walls, constructed of ancient, weathered stone, loomed ominously overhead, adorned with intricate carvings depicting scenes of damnation and despair. At the center of the cage, a looming pillar of obsidian rose, its surface etched with mysterious runes that seemed to pulse with dark energy. The air hung heavy with the scent of brimstone, adding to the suffocating atmosphere of dread that permeated every corner of the chamber.

In Lucifer's cage, Mara strained to see through the dim, flickering light provided by the constant flashes of lightning, each illuminating the scene for mere moments before plunging them back into darkness. The thunderous echoes that followed added to the eerie ambiance, reverberating through the chamber. As her eyes adjusted, Mara's gaze fell upon Lucifer's figure, and she recoiled in shock at the sight before her.

Lucifer sat upright within the cage, his head bowed low, nestled within his lap, as if seeking solace in the shadow of his own despair veiled by his devilish bat-like wings. His knees drawn up to his chest, arms wrapped tightly around them, he exuded an aura of sinister power, heightened by the menacing silhouette of his wings adorned with thorns that glinted ominously in the intermittent light. His skin, a deep shade of crimson, bore the scars of untold torment, appearing charred and ravaged, while his bright red arms, marked by dark, burnt patterns, hung at his sides, their texture rough and bumpy to the touch.

Atop his head, where once there might have been hair, now lay only a barren expanse of scarlet flesh, etched with jagged, blackened lines that spoke of past agonies. As Mara met his gaze, she could see the depths of despair reflected in his eyes, a haunting reminder of the fallen angel's tortured existence.

Mara's voice, barely a whisper amidst the cacophony of thunder, breathed the name "Lucifer." His gaze lifted to meet hers, and in the dimly illuminated enclosure, his bright red eyes revealed a profound sadness.

His diabolical face, otherworldly in its appearance, bore a complexion of dark red, marked with light craters and thick, vein-like ridges coursing across his skin.

Small, skinny scales adorned his face and the crown of his head, each accentuating the unearthly aura that surrounded him. Amidst the soft lighting, a glimpse of vulnerability pierced through the darkness that shrouded him.

It was as though, in that moment, he stood on the precipice of despair, teetering on the edge of an emotional abyss.

"Mom," his voice resonated through the chamber, matching the eerie darkness of his new form. Deep and haunting, it echoed with a sense of emptiness and despair, sending shivers down Mara's spine. It was a voice that seemed to carry the weight of centuries of anguish, a chilling reminder of the fallen angel's torment.