The flaming sword

Supernatural Chapter 8
The Flaming Sword

Lucifer's gaze swept across the gathered angels, his expression thoughtful yet resolute. "We stand united, but our numbers can grow," he remarked, acknowledging the potential they held.

Asmodeus, always the strategic mind, chimed in, his tone filled with calculated determination. "Our next move should be a protest, a display of our unity to attract more angels to our cause."

Lucifer nodded in agreement. "Precisely. We'll rally our allies and make our voices heard."

Asmodeus turned to the group, seeking their opinions. "What do you all think?" he asked, his eyes meeting each angel's gaze. The response was unanimous; they were aligned with Lucifer's plan.

Azazel, ever practical, raised a critical question. "Where and when do we stage this protest?"

Lucifer's decision was swift. "We strike now, at the heart of the 7th heaven, in the city hall where every angel's attention will be focused."

"Perfect, let's announce it to the Angels who came to support the cause," Azazel suggested, his tone reflecting a sense of urgency.

Lucifer's commanding voice echoed in everyone's minds as he addressed the gathered angels. "May I please have your attention," he began, his voice carrying weight and conviction. "First, I want to express my gratitude for your presence here today. Your support means everything to me, and it signifies our readiness for the coming battle. But we must gather more allies. So, we are going to march through the cities of God, and we will make it known that we refuse to be silenced!" His words ignited a fervent response from the crowd, cheers and applause filling the air.

Meanwhile, Gadreel navigated through an immaculate white hallway until he reached a pristine white door. Opening it, he stepped into a training room where Michael, clad in armor, was engaged in combat with a formidable angel. This angel possessed four wings and two animal-like heads—one in front and one at the back. The room itself was a stark white, with a large floor mat, a shelf housing various swords, and numerous other shelves adorned with weapons lining the walls, all ready for training and battle.

As they clashed in combat, the sound of steel filled the air as their swords collided. The opponent leaped into a spinning rotation, aiming to strike Michael down with his sword. Reacting swiftly, Michael jumped, executing a powerful kick that sent the opponent crashing forcefully to the ground. Michael landed gracefully on his feet, his sharp steel sword now poised at the defeated opponent's head.

Glancing over his shoulder, Michael noticed someone approaching from the corner of his eye. "Oh hey, Gadreel. What brings you by?" Michael asked, extending a hand to help his opponent up. The defeated angel, acknowledging Michael's gesture, sheathed his sword on the nearby shelf and exited through the white door.

"Just checking in on you, that's all. What have you been up to?" Gadreel inquired, his gaze shifting to Michael as he sheathed his sword back into its scabbard on his back.

"I've been practicing my combat skills, trying to stay sharp. But I can't shake this feeling of concern for Lucifer," Michael replied with a hint of worry in his voice.

"Oh, speaking of him, what's he up to? I was just talking with him, and then Asmodeus suddenly appeared out of nowhere, going on about finding something important. I'm just curious about what he has planned," Gadreel inquired, his interest piqued.