Chapter 4

The group made their way back out of the utopia with a few add ons including the serpentine leader and a few of his closer trusted followers. To be exact, the number upped by three. It was a quiet and pretty awkward walk all the way back to the vehicles and once they arrived it took them a second to arrange and figure out the riding situation. Kai grabbed his helmet and straddled his bike without second thought, there was no way anyone could even think he was taking a passenger; unless it was one of his teammates and that was not likely.

   Pixal gave the red ninja a small nod when she was pointed too, pleased her plan of action would  work. As they walked back to the vehicles, she kept her calm demeanor, but kept mind of where the snake was located. While she didn't think the snake would betray them, with rising tensions it was best to keep track of everyone. Especially the black ninja. After all, it's not often she'd hear him speak that way to another, much less to his teammates.

"Alright, the general has to ride with one of us since we don't have an available vehicle for him alone. Any volunteers?" Zane asked the group but he was not sure how eager the team would be to volunteer to ride with a seven foot serpentine. Their vehicles could hold a mass amount of weight but the room inside was not as forgiving. While the nindroid was trying to figure out a seating arrangement the water ninja was already sitting on her bike, helmet between her left arm as she used the other to try and make the digital map work properly. It most likely wouldn't until they got out of the underground, though.
As they stepped out into the open, the snake stopped behind the ninja, continuing to maintain his distance. He did realize, however, that he would have to travel with one of them. How terrible. He hissed as he waited for the ninja to decide, claws tapping lightly on his spear

When Nya heard Zane's voice asking for someone to volunteer to be the snake's ride all the way up, she quickly put on her helmet and pressed a button in front of her to start the bike. "See ya outside, don't be late!" And she took off, placing both hands on the handles of the motorcycle as it accelerated. Kai smiled through his open visor at his little sister taking off and flicked the protective gear down with a snap. He revved his engine loudly before skidding his bike to a screeching stop. "Good luck figuring out the seating! I'm gonna head with Nya to the town and start the questioning!" He shouted over the loud motor. "Cole has the most space in his craft!" The ninja said before quickly vanishing after his sister as the sounds of the engines faded off into the distant tunnels.

     "That would leave us with five remaining vehicles. Cole, are you willing to take the Constrictai general with you?" While he knew Cole wasn't on the greatest terms with the idea it seemed to be the best they had. Cole owned the largest vehicle from the group other than the Samurai-X mech, which was a last hope. From the looks, the earth elemental wasn't all too happy with the nindroid's question.
"You've got to be kidding me" he spoke under his breath upon realizing that he'd be the best suitable option for the arraignment.The others didn't even give him a chance to retaliate, within a few minutes they were already gone, speeding off into the direction of their destination.
"It is imperative that this decision is made swiftly. We cannot waste much time." Zane warned after hearing his teammate's sigh. Cole looked at his vehicle then back at Zane when he spoke, "I.. guess I could take him." He crossed his arms. "I don't think anyone else has enough room."
With barely any hesitation, the boy pointed to his vehicle. "Cmon, let's get going then."
   Upon realizing the black ninja was the only suitable option, the serpentine wondered if perhaps it was not too late to refuse help and return to the tomb. When he looked at Knox, a low hiss escaped his throat as he looked back with narrowed eyes. How absolutely terrible. This better be a quieter than quiet trip, he did not want to speak to the master of stones. But, with their agreement, he complied.