१०•

तुम मगर बेवफा हो गए
क्यों खफा ही गए
के तुमसे जुदा हो के हम
तबाह हो गए
तबाह हो गए
तबाह हो गए.......

So first of all please do read authors note atlast
Second in this chapter I want all you to imagine bhargavi's emotional breakdown her feeling of revenge and betrayal i tried to write as much as details possible
And you can add my another book to your tbr and library
It's a forbidden romance between a courtesan and a prince
"QURBAT"
Happy reading<3

Flashback continues
Bhargavi's Pov

I left the battlefield as my brother instructed me to, though I did not want to. I wanted to fight for my kingdom, for my people. I was on my horse, riding back to my palace, aimlessly moving, my mind blank, too traumatized with all this. I was staring at nothing. My whole life had taken a turn that I never expected to happen.
Yesterday, I was standing with him, close to him, feeling secure in his arms, and now here we were, standing against each other, ready to be killed by each other. Never in my dreams did I think that this would happen, that he would do this to us, to me. If he wanted this only, why did he even agree to this marriage? Why did he play with my feelings? Those words, those moments, everything was a lie. My sword was still in my hands; I could smell blood mixed with the fragrance of my rose perfume. My hands and shoulders had scars, dried blood all over me, covering my face a little. My bangles and nose ring were still in place. I was ready to be a bride, ready to give myself to him completely. Suddenly, the horse came to a halt, and I realized I had reached the palace.

I got off the horse, came in front of it, and caressed its head lovingly. I stood there for how long, I don't know. As I was about to enter the palace, I saw the main gate was still open. The palace was filled with darkness, and silence enveloped it. The weather was still the same, thunder and lightning going on. The light lamps were extinguished.

As I walked further and reached the main hall, it was filled with darkness. No candles or oil lamps were lit. Suddenly, a loud thunder was heard, which carried a great lightning for a few milliseconds, and due to the light of thunder, everyone saw me just for a few seconds, and I was visible to everyone. I heard a few gasps from people after they saw me. They must have been shocked and terrified by my appearance.

I was gone from a bridal attire to a blood-drenched warrior who had lost everything. The golden embroidery that made my bridal attire elegant and different was nowhere to be identified. I was covered in blood, no sign of gold on me, my kohl smudged, my few bangles broken. My eyes had no emotions left. The hands that were colored with the fragrance of henna were now drowned in the smell of blood. The bridal attire that was supposed to be the symbol of my marriage was covered with blood and the memories of his betrayal.

Everything that symbolized and carried my love and affection for him was ruined-my bangles, my attire, my jewelry, my henna, my heart, and myself. And the irony is he is the only one to do it.

"UNKI DULHAN BANKE BAITHE THAE, UNHONE TOH APNE KHEL KA MAUHRA BANAKE KAHI KA NAA CHHODA HUME,"
(i was ready as his bride but he just used me as a ploy for his game)

I thought. A lone tear escaped my eyes. My body was immobile; I stood there, still; my chest felt heavy. I wanted to scream, to cry, to run away, to disappear. I wish this was all a dream, and I would wake up now in his arms, and he'll again say,
"I am here for you, Bhargavi." How could he do this to me? I was lost in my own thoughts when Maasa, Bhabhisa, and Anahita ran towards me in a hurry. Their eyes widened seeing my condition; they were shocked to see me like this. Bhabhisa came near me, cupped my cheek, and hugged me, but I stood still in my place without any emotions. I gulped and left a shaky breath, trying not to break down and cry in front of anyone.