Chapter-19 ~ A budding rivalry?

Careful!" Bhavna warned watching Mahir who tried to sit straight on the bed with a groan.

The lady in red looked worried her eyes scanning his wounds , they were too much. He had so many stitches and his fractured arm hung at front with the help of sling.

"How did it all happened?" She asked seating herself on a chair adjacent to the bed with a fragrance of curiosity.

Mahir remained quiet not answering her query he kept staring at the wall , images of Vihaan beating him didn't leave his mind even for a millisecond.

"Excuse me , I am asking something!" Bhavna stated somewhat annoyed controlling the urge to yell at her so called boss.

Sound of footsteps was heard in the pin drop silence and a house help came into site with a bowl of hot soup in her hands.

Slowly she pushed the door open walking towards the bed where sat Mahir still adamant to speak a single word.

"Sir , please have your soup.." Roza the maid requested politely forwarding the plate which was not accepted by him.
Not reciving a response Roza again spoke up "Sir you even need to take medicines.."

Bhavna seeing the scenario placed her hand on Mahir's shoulder "Sir yo-" before she could complete the bowl crashed on the floor beneath as the hot liquid stained the white marble.

"What the hell man!" With her pale skin turning red in anger Bhavna yelled out completely exhausted by his tantrums while Roza stood aside horror clearly displayed on her face.

Rosing up to his feet Mahir opened and closed the various door of his cupboard as if searching for something.

"Have you gone mad or what!?" Bhavna cried folding her arms to her chest as her eyes turned wide.

Soon enough he stopped as his lips curved into a smirk. Narrowing her eyes Bhavna peeked curiously only to catch the sight of some documents in his hand.

"Whats that?" She asked walking beside him to which the man's blue eyes showed some sign of victory.

"My trump card.." he replied keeping his gaze glued to the documents while Bhavna's confusion deepend further.

•~
Taking a deep breath Ahaana knocked at the door of his room as she tried to cope up with her wildly racing heart.

Seconds later she heard the sound of door getting unlocked and there stood Vihaan dressed in a crisp black suit paired with black trousers with his wet hair falling on his face.

No wonder he looked deadly handsome in anything he wore.

"I know I am irresistible but don't you think it's not the right time to check me out like this?" He questioned casually , putting his laptop in the office bag.

On being caught Ahaana cleared her throat trying to wipe off the awkwardness from her face .
"I need to talk to you.." she stated with a serious expression.

Not being interested in the topic Vihaan asked "What is it?"
"I have to go!"

His eyes lifted up at her words as his jaw tensed "Not happening.."
"Avi is there at Bhavna's place right now but he can't stay without me for long..So I have to go.."

Keeping her side Ahaana reasoned and she couldn't miss the small smile which formed on Vihaan's lips on hearing the kid's name.

"Don't worry he'll be fine.." walking out of the room the grey eyed man answered leaving behind Ahaana who couldn't question him further as he left the place without any other word.

Maybe just maybe everything will be fine..she thought thinking of the gesture shown by her God knows what when she mentioned her kid's name.

But that hope couldn't last longer as her eyes fell on a photo frame hanging on the wall.

It was Vihaan with some other lady who stood beside him holding his arm and between them  was a child most probably of her son's age.

What caught her attention the most was a mangalsutra that hung around the lady's neck.

Ahaana's tears fell freely from her eyes as she gripped on the side table to resist her knees from giving up. All her hopes shattering like a piece of glass.