Chapter - 14 Stranger

Ahaana kept the clothes in wardrobe folding them one by one despite being engaged in an activity her mind kept wandering like a person who lost his way to home.

"Mumma!" Feeling two arms encircled around her neck she smiled lightly patting her son's cheek.

"Yes , my boy.." she said turning around to see the four year old standing on bed with a joyful smile on his face.

"I have to show you something.." Avi spoke excitedly making Ahaana curious.
"What is it , baby?" She questioned sitting down on the bed as he handed her his drawing copy.

Flipping the pages impatiently Avi grinned after a few seconds "See!" He exclaimed delighted.

Ahaana with knitted eyebrows looked curiously at the painting only to discover a sketch made by her son where he was standing holding her hand while with other hand he held an orange ballon with Bhavna and Mahir on the either sides. She read the title below which said 'Happy Family'

Her lips broke into a huge smile as she admired the sketch made by her son.

"How is it?" He asked enthusiastically waiting for her reply to which the hazel eyed girl pecked his forehead before taking him in her arms.

"Beautiful , just like my baby!" She replied hugging her source of happiness closer to her.

"I love you Mumma.." Avi stated clutching his mother tightly with his tiny hands.

Ahaana chuckled at his confession "Mumma loves you too , bacha.." as she answered breaking the hug.

These were the moments she lived for , in a life filled with hatred pain and disgust she found her ray of hope in the form of her son. Isn't it weird that even after having no one and nothing she still manages to smile , all because of a four year old little kid .

Mentally sighing at her thoughts Ahaana went back to her work when a knock was heard on the main door. Looking up at the watch she felt confused , it was already 10 at night.

"Who it could be at this time?" She whispered to herself as Mahir was out of town for some work and Bhavna had a family function to attend.

Walking downstairs with her son following behind she heard the knock again and this time it was much louder.
"Mumma!" Avi cried hugging her knees feeling frightened.

Ahaana gulped the lump formed in her throat. You have to stay strong! She thought to herself inhaling deeply.
"Relax , my child! Mumma is here na!" Saying so she caressed her son's hair.

With all the courage left inside her she shouted "Who is it?!"

No response.

"Answer me goddam it! Who's it?!"

No response but the knocking continued.
Its time for some action! With pure determination Ahaana grabbed a knife kept on the dining table walking towards the main door slowly and steadily.

She opened the door in a go holding the knife at front "Haiyaaa!" Trying to attack with the sharp object Ahaana held it forward randomly moving it in air.

A second later the movement stopped as she found a palm holding onto her knife.

"That was a stupid trick!" A familiar voice remarked making her look up to find the most beautiful pair of grey eyes staring at her.

"Vihaan.." she mumbled shocked as her jaw touched the floor beneath.
Avi who has been hiding behind his mother marched forward standing infront of her.

"Hey you! bijli ka khamba! Stay away from my mumma!" The kid warned staring at the man whose eyes looked so similar to his.

Chuckling Vihaan laughed a little pulling Avi's cheek who in response wiped off the place where he touched with his hands.

"Okay ! okay , sir! As you say..but can you please let me talk to her?" He asked masking up his amusness.

Avi narrowed his eyes scanning him from top to bottom like some CID officer and then replied "No , you can't" as he clutched his mother's hand tightly.

Vihaan sighed under his breath searching for something in his pocket when he stretched out his hand which held a milk chocolate as the four year old smiled brightly seeing his second most favourite thing after toys.

"For you!" Avi forwarded his hand only to withdraw it in a second looking up Ahaana.

"Mumma told me that we shouldn't take anything from strangers.." he stated slowly making the grey eyed man's heart clench at the word stranger.

He chuckled ironically muttering under his breath "Stranger!"

That is what his own son considered him to be.