Part 7

NB: Thoughts are highlighted
in italic style.

.

Enjoy!

.

Jimin POV:

The morning sun had barely kissed the horizon when I awoke.

Today, I wanted to do something special for Yunjin, something to bring a smile to her face.

According to my plan today, I would surprise Yunjin with her other favorite dish-bulgogi, made by her own Jiminie.

She appreciated my cooking.

The ingredients for bulgogi were laid out neatly on the counter, waiting to be transformed into a dish filled with warmth and affection.

With quiet movements, I slipped into the kitchen, the clatter of pots and pans breaking the silence of the early morning. The sizzle of the meat as it cooked was a melody to my ears, and the scent of bulgogi soon filled the air, a familiar and comforting aroma.

I cooked with care, imagining Yunjin's delighted smile as she tasted the dish she so loved.

Once done, I carefully packed the bulgogi into two boxes-one for her and one for me-and set out for college , imagining the smile that would light up her face.

.

.

3rd Person POV:

Jimin stood by the gates, his eyes scanning every face, every figure that passed by. Today, he stood there with an eagerness that was soon replaced by concern.

Students streamed past him, but the one face he was looking for was absent.

As minutes turned to hours, the realization dawned-Yunjin was not coming.

The weight of the lunch boxes in his hand grew heavier with each passing moment, a tangible reminder of her absence.

The hours dragged on, each tick of the clock a stark reminder of Yunjin's absence. The classrooms echoed with the voices of teachers and students, but to Jimin, it was all just noise without her presence.

Without Yunjin's silent presence, the school felt strangely alien, as if he lost a precious diamond.

.

.

Jimin POV:

The day was a blur, a series of motions I went through mechanically. The empty seat beside me was a constant reminder of the void Yunjin's absence had created.

I couldn't focus, couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. As the final bell rang, signaling the end of the day, I made a decision.

I would go to Yunjin's house, ensure she was alright, and perhaps, share the meal that was meant to be enjoyed together.

I went to my apartment, changed my clothes and went to see her.

.

.

3rd Person POV:

The walk to Yunjin's house was one Jimin had made countable times. He had gone there for combine study for the exams, but today it felt different.

There was a heaviness in his steps, a tightness in his chest that grew with each block he passed. He had a bad feeling about her absence today.

When he finally reached her doorstep, the sight that greeted him sent a jolt of fear through his heart.

.

.

Jimin POV:

I knocked on the door waiting for Yunjin to open it. She lives with her stepmother. Her father is working abroad. Her mother died when she was young. I only know this much information about her while she know my whole life. Weird right?

Suddenly I heard the door's creaking sound. I was ready to go inside.

I turned back to look at Yunjin. But the figure I saw gave me a shiver through my whole body.

Yunjin's stepmother was the one who opened the door. Her expression was stern and unwelcoming.

"𝗬𝘂𝗻𝗷𝗶𝗻 𝗶𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗼𝗱𝗮𝘆." she said, blocking my path. "𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁."

"Rest? It sounds more like an excuse. Yunjin never skips classes. Even if she's sick, she tries her maximum not to miss anything about her studies" I didn't mind what she said, I tried to walk past her.

"𝗩𝗜𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗦 𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗢𝗪𝗘𝗗!!!" she yelled at me, and closed the door right on my face.

"Urghh!, I hate it when someone do this. My parents used to do that to me whenever I tried to talk to them about my things, my passion or if I wanted to spent my family time with them. They'll just slam the door."

It was like she didn't want me there, like she was trying to hide something. I tried to peek past her, to catch a glimpse of the home Yunjin shared with this woman, but she was quick to block my view. I was confused, a part of me wants to stay here but she said to leave.

"Looks like my bulgogi is in vain."

But then, I heard the muffled voices from inside, Yunjin's stepmother cursing. It was coming from within the house.

My heart raced, and without a second thought, I pushed past the front door and ran into the dimly lit hallway.

I don't even remember where I dropped the bulgogi. Something is really off.

The house was quiet, too quiet, which gave me a horror vibe. And the sound of my own heartbeats seemed deafening my ears.

I don't know why I have this feeling that she's in trouble. "Yunjin!" I called out, my voice echoing through the walls.

The voice grew louder, the words more clear, guiding me like a beacon.

I followed the sound.

But it stopped out of the blue, my heart skipped many beats along with it.

I felt so afraid.. There was no sign of Yunjin or her stepmother.

I began searching the house, each room as barren as the last. There's only one room left now. I checked the hall, bedrooms, kitchen, this is Yunjin's room she keeps her paintings, all those stuffs which belongs to her here.

Panic began to set in, as approached the door. I knew I couldn't give up. Yunjin needed me, and I would move heaven and earth to find her.

Whatever her stepmother had done, whatever the reason for her fear, I would protect her.

I would be her voice, her strength, as she had always been mine.

Where is she?

What had happened in this house of secrets?

My heart raced as I took each step forward.

Is she really in trouble?

Or is my brain fooling me??..

Please be alright Yunjin, your Jiminie is here..

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/n: Did you like this episode??? What do you feel about it?? Comment your thoughts.. And vote for me..

Byeeeee.......