Part 2

NB: Thoughts are highlighted
in italic style.

.

⚠️Long Episode Ahead⚠️

.

Enjoy!

.

Jimin POV:

We're both walking together down the street. We're going to our homes.

The orange and yellow hues painted across the sky, signaling that darkness would soon fall. As we approached the cherry blossom tree where we usually parted ways, I glanced at Yunjin once again, she is lost in thoughts.

She was dull today. Always lost in thoughts, She's been like this in a while. I'll have to shake her up to divert her concentration towards the lessons. I slowly asked her.

"𝗬𝘂𝗻𝗷𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗲𝗲, 𝗗𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗰𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀?"

(𝘀𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝘀𝗼𝗳𝘁𝗹𝘆 𝗻𝗼𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴)

"𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗱 𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸, 𝗜 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁, '𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗲'𝘀 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗯𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲' 𝗜 𝗮𝗱𝗺𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁."

.

[Flashback 3 yrs ago (Highschool)]

.

Jimin POV:

She was the transferred student who had scholarship. She walked into the classroom with a flashing smile, spreading a silent aura of hers.

The teacher told her to introduce herself. Her smile slowly faded away when our teacher told her that. But she forced it on her face. I wondered why all of a sudden she became dull.

She took a deep breath and pulled out a notebook from her bag.

On its cover page there was written
"For Communications". She opened the book full of curiosity.

She turned the pages to the first page and showed it to us. It was her introduction, written in bold, clear letters:

"I'm Kim Yunjin. And I am mute. If you guys want to talk with me, feel free to communicate through this book. I'd love to have friends."

The teacher guided her to the only empty seat, which was beside me. I actually had no friends at school. I was the loner boy. She sat beside me. I sensed she was uncomfortable because everybody in the class were staring at her. I can hear their low whispers..

"What's a mute girl doing here?"

"Shouldn't she be going to the school where disabled people study?"

"I heard she is great painter I think maybe that's the reason she's here."

"I heard she plays instruments too.. "

"Yeah you're right maybe those kind of school doesn't value talents."

"Yeah bro."

Her head was down all the day and I was not good at communicating with people.