YEAR ONE :-- Chapter One

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

        In the middle of the night, two tired blokes in robes, looking completely out of place in this neighborhood, show up. One of them clutches a small basket tightly, while the other keeps an eye out. Inside the basket, there's a squirming and cooing baby named Irene. They reach the entrance of the orphanage, where the old sign creaks in the wind. One of the blokes knocks on the door, and a tired-looking orphanage owner answers.

      " Got another one for ya " the second bloke grumbles, handing over the basket. " This little bundle is Irene. Take good care of her, yeah? "

    The orphanage owner, with eyes tired but still kind, nods solemnly. But before they can say anything else, the first bloke leans in closer, speaking in a hushed tone.

" Listen up, there's somethin' you ought to know " the bloke says, their face serious. " Irene is the daughter of a dangerous man. He's caused loads of trouble, and there might be folks out there lookin' for her. Keep her safe, no matter what."

                 The orphanage owner's eyes widen, a mix of concern and determination taking over their face. They understand the gravity of the situation and the responsibility that's fallen on their shoulders.

   " Don't worry, mate. I'll make sure nothin' happens to her " the orphanage owner promises, their voice full of determination. " She'll be as safe as can be here, I swear."

           With a grateful nod, the blokes retreat into the shadows, disappearing into the night. The orphanage owner looks down at the sleeping baby, their heart heavy with the knowledge of the danger that lurks around her. But they're determined to shield her from harm, to provide her with a loving and secure home.

             Meanwhile, in a neighborhood on a street called Privet Drive. An owl, sitting on the street sign, flies off to reveal a mysterious old man walking through a forest near the street. He stops at the start of the street and takes out a mechanical device, zapping all the light out of the lampposts. He puts away the device, and a cat meows. The man, ALBUS DUMBLEDORE, looks down at the cat, which is a tabby sitting on a brick ledge.

     He smiles knowingly and says, " I should have known that you would be here...Professor McGonagall." The tabby cat transforms into a tall and strict woman wearing a cloak, an emerald one. Her black hair is drawn into a tight bun " how did you know it was me " she asks. He replies, " My dear professor, I've never seen a cat sit so stiffly."

" You'd be stiff if you'd been sitting on a brick wall all day, " says Professor McGonagall. He says, " All day? When you could have been celebrating? I must have passed a dozen feasts and parties on my way here. "

  Professor McGonagall sniffs angrily. " Oh yes, everyone's celebrating, all right," she says impatiently. " You'd think they'd be a bit more careful, but no, even the Muggles have noticed something's going on. It was on their news." She jerks her head back at the Dursleys' dark living-room window. " I heard it. Flocks of owls...shooting stars...Well, they're not completely stupid. They were bound to notice something. Shooting stars down in Kent - I'll bet that was Dedalus Diggle. He never had much sense. "

              " You can't blame them, " says Dumbledore gently. " We've had precious little to celebrate for eleven years."