5

"Are you even nearly ready?" Brian yelled, reviving a loud 'No!' from both Hyacinth and Roger.

The band were going to have lunch with Freddie and his family, Freddie was already at the house impatiently waiting for the other four with Mary.

John was sat in the car, as he had been for the last half hour, while Brian shouted at Cynth and Roger to hurry up every two minutes.

Finally, Roger came down the stairs with his date and was rushed into the car by Brian before he went to get Hyacinth.

Although she was only halfway done doing her makeup, he picked her up over his shoulder, grabbed her makeup bag, and put her down in the front seat of the car.

"How come i'm not driving?" Roger asked.

"You took too long." Deaky sighed, and turned on the radio so he wouldn't have to listen to anymore of Roger's whining.

Ten minutes of Roger and Hyacinth squabbling while Brian made small talk with Rogers date and Deaky driving in silence passed before they finally pulled up outside Freddie's house.

"Welcome, Welcome!" He ushered them all inside, Hyacinth coming in last.

"I did it."

"Really? Oh that's great Freddie!" She pulled him into a hug.

"Yes i am now Freddie Mercury, and it's not just a stage name." He grinned, and she kissed him on the cheek before going to greet his family.

Hyacinth took a seat in between Freddie and Deaky, and opposite Roger and Brian, who were whispering to each other.

"Am i hallucinating or is Cynth wearing a modest outfit?" Roger muttered, and Brian fake gasped in agreement.

"I almost can't believe my eyes!" They laughed.

Rogers date cleared her throat, and he finally realised that he had been ignoring her every time Hyacinth was around.

Eventually she got tired of this and went home, leaving Roger looking a bit sad and sorry for himself.

Cynth noticed this and kicked him under the table, trying to get his attention, but before either of them could say anything Freddie came over with an announcement.

"One of the A&R men from EMI saw us recording, gave our demo to John Reid. He looks after Elton John. He wants to meet us, and possibly even manage us."

"You're joking!" Brian gasped.

"Oh my god!" Hyacinth laughed, immediately hugging Deaky.

"This is amazing!" Roger came over to Cynth and Deaky and hugged them both, keeping one arm around Hyacinths shoulder after they let go.