Chapter 34

Noah's POV.

Christmas and New Years flew by in a blink of an eye. I spent most of my time with my band and their families celebrating, and whilst I've always enjoyed the time I spent with them, I missed Belle immensely. Belle had given me my gift just before she left for work. She gave me a handmade resin heart shaped charm. The charm had 'B' & 'N' inside it and a small background image of our first photo taken together at the Natural history museum. She said I can attach the charm to a bracelet or necklace, belt clip, bag clip, as a bunk decoration on the bus whilst on tour or really anything else; the idea being she can be with me anywhere I may be and be there when I missed her. I kept the charm in my pocket the majority of the time, rubbing my thumb over it for comfort and looking at it every night before I went to bed. We must have been on the same wavelength when getting each other's gifts, considering we both got each other our initials in a heart or heart reference.

Belle had to work almost every day after we got back and she was swamped. She was obviously short staffed given the time of year. She responded to a number of calls every day and even into the nights; some calls were major, some were minor incidents. I tried to see Belle when I could, but she'd either be asleep when I got to her place or she'd be gone for work when I woke up or had to respond in the middle of the night. She dropped coffee off to us at the studio when she had a minute for lunch but wasn't able to stay long. We tried our best to make time for each other but that's just what happens this time of year for emergency services.

I was back in the studio with my band, ready to release our new album. We set an album name and artwork and a release date. Our marketing team began releasing the announcement and the response we received was greater than any of us had expected. It was widely received and incredibly positive. Our manager showed us the predictions for album sales and merchandise, and it was forecast to be three times as much as our last album. This gave us leverage to plan a nation wide album release tour and also put us on the international map. I could hardly contain my excitement. I have dreamed of this for so long and the moment was finally at my feet. Everything I have been through, worked through and prepared for has finally come through for me (and my band).

"Hear me out, you have one week until your album is officially completed and goes for development, printing, pressing and distribution, so there is still time to write a radio song" our manager tried to convince me. "Your music would be everywhere. Even Australia's 'Triple J' radio - Belle would like that! Imagine some teens driving downtown at midnight, this incrediblel new Bad Omen's song comes on, they're immediately hooked, they search up the band and discover the rest of the discography, fall in love, buy your merch and tickets to your shows. Doesn't that sound great? And all because you listened to your manager and wrote a song for the radio".

I looked him dead in the eye, planting the most deadpan, unimpressed look onto my face. "I'm still not doing it".

Matt was impressed by my answer yet again but before arguing with me any further was interrupted by Nic. "Who listens to radio these days other than old people? First thing I do when I get into the car is play my music". I gestured to Folio who had a pretty valid point. "Our audience surely wouldn't discover us on the radio. If anything they'd find us on Spotify or Instagram". Matt eventually gave up the argument but reminded me that I had a few days left to make up my mind.

The rest of the day was spent planning our national tour and looking at potential national and international festivals to attend. We were looking at being away for up to 6 weeks at a time with only a week or two at home before another 6 week stint, but this was subject to change at the drop of a pin based on the reception of our album. The team also took us through our international options also, which meant we could be away for 2 months or more at a time. It's funny, I dreamed of the day I would be able to leave on tour for two months as it would give me two months away from Alyssa. But now, whilst I'm just as excited as I was back then, I'm also just as nervous. I was nervous to be away from Belle for that long, but I was also worried about Keaton.