Chapter 31

I barely slept all night. I could hardly contain my excitement. Today was the day I was finally taking Belle away to the ski resorts my brother suggested. I haven't felt this giddy since I planned our first dates and the day I asked her out. Of course Belle tried to fight me along the way but over the last two days she has become more excited. She's tried guessing where I'm taking her with the 3 things I made sure she packed but she hasn't guessed it yet. I told her she needs to pack 1. Something warm. 2. Something nice. 3. Something sexy. I'm so excited for this trip.

I packed up my new car with my suitcase and extra things and stopped at Elton's coffee shop next to the fire station to grab us a coffee and something to eat for breakfast and made my way to Belle. She worked the night shift last night but reassured me that travelling this morning wouldn't bother her. I packed an extra pillow in the car for her incase she wanted to sleep a little on the drive. I knocked on the station door then let myself in. When I walked in, I noticed one of the firetrucks was gone and when I was greeted by Tim (another firefighter) he told me Belle and her crew were just finishing up on a job. He invited me into the kitchen area so that I could wait for Belle there. I was worried it was going to be a similar situation to when I was planning to ask her out and there would be a major emergency, but thankfully it wasn't.

"Can I ask what the job was?" I asked Tim as he made his breakfast and coffee.

"From what I can hear on the radios, some teenager slept with their phone under their pillow on charge and it got too hot, set their bedroom on fire and eventually half the house. But everyone is okay. They should actually be back any minute now" Tim informs me.

I waited patiently for Belle to arrive but I didn't have to wait for too long. Her truck rolled inside and she had her crew finally exited the vehicle. Oh how her face lit up when she spotted me there waiting for her. My heart was electric. I greeted her with a coffee and she blew me a kiss instead as she was dirty from the job. Soot lightly dusted her cheeks and she had some marks on her face from a mask. Her hair was also slightly messy, but she still looked remarkable.

"Oh my god I love you" she says excitedly as she takes the coffee from my hands and drinks immediately.

"Was that to me or the coffee?" I laughed with her. She assured me it was both.

I followed Belle to her locker where she took off some of her firefighting gear and packed it away for the next job. "I'm going to take a quick shower, pack my stuff into your car and then we can leave" she smiles before leaving for the shower. "I'm keen for a drive in your new car finally!" she says as she disappears behind the doors.

My heart was beating a million miles a minute. We were going on our first little getaway together. The time was finally here. I packed Belle's things into my car whilst I waited for her.

"Hey you, are you ready to go?" she emerges from her office, all jumpy and excited. She takes a hold of my arm and looks up to me and smiles. I will never get tired of seeing her smile.

"Wait there a second!" a voice demands from behind a fire truck. Eric emerges with his phone ready to take a picture. "Belle is going on leave for the first time ever and I'm recording the moment". I brought Belle into my side as she placed her hand upon my chest and we smiled for the picture.

Her coworkers waved us goodbye and we left the city.

///

Belle and I spent most of the morning chatting about random things and jamming out to our favourite songs. Belle was hesitant to sing in front of me for the majority of the trip, telling me 'there's a lot of things I can do, singing is not one of them. Besides, you're the professional, it would just be embarrassing'.