Chapter 24

Jungkook pressed hard on Jiah's mouth with his palm

Jungkook pressed hard on Jiah's mouth with his palm. Her eyes were bulging and muffled cries of protest escaped through the gap between his fingers. The duo was currently in the air, Jiah almost on the verge of losing her sanity. He saw Yoongi desperately searching for his friend in the room.

Jungkook flew to a terrace of a tall apartment and safely landed Jiah on her feet before letting her go. He raised his hands in surrender and stepped back, giving her space to grasp the situation.

"Jung- how- why-" she held her chest and tried to inhale as much oxygen as possible to calm her hammering heart. She kept on gaping at him like he was an alien.

"This is what I was hiding from you..." He softly answered. The serenity of the neighborhood gave them the privacy they required.

"You were hiding that you can fly without any wings??" Jungkook slapped his forehead at her stupidity which made her rephrase her words, "YOU'RE JUSTIN!!!"

He nodded with a tight-lipped smile and slowly approached her. But Jiah kept taking back steps. He couldn't understand what was wrong. As far as he knew Jiah had always dreamt of being with Justin.

"I don't know what to feel, Jungkook." She sighed, "I can't explain how happy I am to know my boyfriend is none other than Justin himself but at the same time I feel betrayed. You couldn't trust me enough to tell me such a big secret about yourself. We were dating for months."

Jungkook held her shoulders and looked straight into her glassy eyes, "If I had any other option I would have kept it a secret from you, you know why?"

"Why?" she timidly asked.

"Because I love you. I can trust you with my life, but I cannot trust my enemies with your life. They will come after you once they know you're aware of my identity. Taehyung has dealt with enough fatal situations for me. I can never thank him enough. I cannot risk you too."

"Jungkook..." She choked back a sob.

"Still, if you think it was wrong for me to not tell you, I am sorry." He broke the eye contact and looked down.