Chapter 33.5: The Scarlet Bond-Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Huh!? H-Hey, don't you dare cry...!" Honda said in a panic as he stood awkwardly.

"Ahh, he made a young girl cry..." Honda heard whispers from the shop on the right and saw a few moms and adults looking at him like he was trash.

"A-All right! All right, jeez!" Honda yelled as he picked her up by under her arms as he lifted her to his face with an irritated look on his face. "Just don't let go or else you'll fall." Honda said with an embarrassed blush.

"Yeah!" Secily said with joy as Honda carefully planted her on his shoulders, making sure to avoid getting her dress caught in his spikes, but once he finished, he noticed you and Mai staring at him strangely.

"What?" Honda asked with his brow furrowed.

"...Heh." You smirked and looked to the side as a lot of tick marks formed on his head and glared daggers at you.

"I'll kill you...!" Honda made sure to not say what he was thinking as he shook his fist at you.

"Uncle Honda is fun to play with, huh, Secily-chan?" Mai asked as Secily nodded excitedly.

"Yeah!" Secily said while playfully kicking her legs in the air as Honda felt like he looked extremely uncool.

"Well, what do you think we should eat?" You asked her as Secily put her finger to her lip and swayed side to side in thought before she got an idea.

"Dango!!!!" Secily cheered with her arms in the air.

"Dango, huh? Well, I guess that's our choice. Let's go." You said as you led the way and Secily hummed happily while resting her head on top of Honda's head.

"Secily-chan..." Mai spoke up as Secily turned her head towards her. "Iris wasn't with you?" She asked her.

"No. Grandpa Hakurou asked her to help him train Gobta and Gabiru!" Secily revealed the whereabouts of Iris as in the forest, Iris and Hakurou stood over Gabiru and Gobta as there were welts on their heads from where they were struck.

"It hasn't been that long since she's been here, but Master is already asking her for assistance, huh? She has some real great potential." You acknowledged the growth Iris has had as a warrior.

"Hmph, she'll never hold a candle against me in terms of strength." Honda huffed before being surprised when Secily leaned over his head to look him eye to eye.

"No, Big Sister is SUPER strong! No one except Big Brother can beat her!" Iris cheered for her sister.

"If she's SUPER strong, then I'm SUPER-DUPER strong." Honda argued as the two of them began bickering.

"No! Big Sister is SUPER DUPER DUPER STRONG!" Secily yelled as Honda seemed really irked.

"Well then, I'll settle this debate once that woman comes back!" Honda said as he slammed his fist into the palm of his other hand excitedly as you four made it to the nearest place that served Dango.

After making your order for the food you wished to try, Secily chewed on some multicolored dango and kicked her small legs back and forth on the bench she sat on as you felt comfy watching her eat. The four of you were enjoying a nice calm meal as you took in the atmosphere of the area and felt nice and relaxed. Mai sipped elegantly from her cup of tea as Honda was by the bar of the place drinking and bickering with other patrons that were drinking at this time of day about who was stronger between him and Iris. You leaned against the table and gently tapped the floor with your tail as you smiled at the people walking by and cleaned a whole stick of dango in one bite, chewing delightfully as things were nice and peaceful. While you were enjoying a relaxing lunch, a familiar voice called out to you.