Chapter 30: One Night Massacre

After being transported to the Animal Kingdom thanks to Rimuru's transportation magic, you and your army moved out to prepare the ambush that was to be laid out for Clayman's army.  While preparations were still underway, you made contact with Rimuru, who was being dressed in new Demon Lord attire by Shuna, through a crystal ball as your squad and your other subordinates that were needed by your side stood to your left. Mai held the crystal ball in front of you so that you were able to speak clearly into it.

"Things are looking good on our end. We've set up a nice area where we'll intercept their forces at the entrance of the Great Forest of Jura. The Lycanthrope's who are fast and volunteered to be decoys as pretend-refugees have agreed to pretend to be fleeing while they walk into the trap Geld set up for them. Once they walk into the designated zone, it'll be easy work from there." You relayed the progress of attack to Rimuru as you gestured Geld to come forward so he was in view for Rimuru to see on his end.

"The barren wasteland that was once my home, the ruins of the former Orc Kingdom of Orbic, will soon become a graveyard for Clayman's forces." Geld explained to Rimuru.

"So a nation that fell victim to Clayman's scheme will be the site of the final battle...What goes around comes around, huh?" Rimuru said as you huffed an ironic chuckle while nodding.

"We've fully analyzed and grasped the strength that Clayman's forces have, so victory is almost guaranteed at this point. Countermeasures have been placed for every possible scenario." You informed your slime partner.

"But the battle hasn't even started yet! You're awfully confident, aren't you?" Rimuru said as you pulled over Benimaru with a proud smile.

"It's all thanks to this guy." You said in praise of Benimaru while patting him firmly on the shoulder.

"When you two awakened, I acquired the gift of my unique skill 'Born Leader'. It allows me to read the enemy's every move as clearly as the flow of a river." Benimaru said with confidence of everything he's set up.

"Sheesh..." Rimuru said in awe of how much more amazing Benimaru has become.

"A skill that fits him perfectly, don't you agree, Shuna?" You called out to the Kijin princess as she poked her head in.

"Yes!" Shuna responded with a giggle before popping out to fix the seams on Rimuru's coat.

"On that note, I've come up with a strategy." Benimaru said as you let him take the stage for a bit.

"What is it?" Rimuru asked in wonder.

"Given the occasion, I thought we could destroy Clayman's castle that is said to lie beyond the mist." Benimaru said as Rimuru was confused by a part of that sentence.

"Given what occasion? That seems kinda dangerous." Rimuru said with concern.

"Not to worry. Souei and Hakurou will be the ones to infiltrate it. They are both eager to--!" Benimaru was suddenly interrupted by his sister speaking up and walking into frame.

"Wait, Brother!" Shuna surprised her brother as you raised your brow.

"Okay...What is it, Shuna?" Benimaru asked in confusion of his little sister's sudden outburst.

"Do you even have to ask? The Demon Lord Clayman has a very dangerous power that allows him to control others! What if he took control of Souei or Hakurou?" Shuna spoke of a possible risk in his plan.

"He won't. They're not going to--!" Benimaru was about to reassure her, but Shuna wasn't having it.

"No!" Shuna yelled, surprising her brother greatly as he flinched from her voice being raised suddenly. "If you insist on doing this...I will go, as well." Shuna said firmly with strong resolve.