Chapter 22: Awakening

A/N: 

I love Godzilla

Also, I am REALLY pumping out chapter after chapter for this story because well, SEASON 3 IS HERE and I really wanna catch this story up to it. Right now I really don't feel tired or burnt out from writing in this book, I don't know if it has to do with the new season being here, but the fact that I can write so much still is a miracle in my eyes. I don't know if the next chapter will be out as fast as this one was, but hopefully I can get as much done as I can to catch it up. Thanks so much for reading guys. See you in the next one

"Sorry for the wait, everyone. We're going to begin our meeting now. The topics are how we'll deal with humans from now on...and the resurrection of Shion and the others." Rimuru said as the meeting to revive everyone and move forward from this calamity went underway. "Eren, could you repeat the story for everyone to hear." Rimuru asked as Eren nodded.

"The story of a girl and a dragon. The girl was the daughter of a human and a dragon, and she was raised as the Dragon Princess. One day, her father, a dragon, made a double of himself in the form of a baby dragon and gave it to her as a companion. But then...In an effort to take control over the Dragon Princess, the king killed the baby dragon. The girl went mad with pain, grief, and rage. With the power she inherited from her father, she destroyed the king along with his entire nation, including tens of thousands of people. Then the girl transformed into a Demon Lord, and when she did, the baby dragon miraculously came back to life. But since it had lost its soul when it died, it came back as an evil monster with no will of its own that destroyed everything in its path: the Chaos Dragon. Though it hurt her deeply, the girl sealed away her once-beloved companion. This was the first thing she accomplished upon becoming a Demon Lord." Eren retold the fairytale for all to hear, as even those who were snooping outside of the meeting hall and peaking in through the window had heard.

"And that's why Y/N and I are going to become Demon Lords." Rimuru explained as this was a surprising decision for everyone to hear as they were all equally surprised.

"What? Great Rimuru and Great Y/N are going to be Demon Lords?" Yashichi exclaimed in a gasped awe.

"Shh!" Kakushin hushed him.

"Sorry." Yashichi apologized in a hushed tone as the three loyal friends of Gabiru watched closely.

"That army heading here from the Kingdom of Falmuth...We're going to use ten thousand of them as nourishment to evolve into Demon Lords. A half of the army for me and Y/N. The chance of Shion and the others being resurrected is a whole 3%." Rimuru explained as even those outside the barrier who were listening through the threads Souei had connected to Rimuru who surprised. 

"B-But Great Rimuru..." Shuna wanted to say something, but Rimuru felt like he had to explain everything he was feeling first.

"Now, hang on. I'm sure you have questions and things you'd like to say, but hear me out until the end first." Rimuru requested of Shuna.

"All right." Shuna responded as she decided to be patient and let Rimuru say what he had to say as the small slime ball bounced in place on the table to look at everyone. 

"I and Y/N, we were former humans who reincarnated here. We lived as humans in the same world your 'Otherworlders' came from." Rimuru started to explain yours and his past as he felt the time was right, and memories from yours and his deaths came to his mind. "We died there...and ended up reborn here, as a slime and Gojira...and if you ask me, Y/N got the lucky end of the reincarnating stick, and I'm jealous!" Rimuru pouted as everyone grew an awkward smile at Rimuru's envy towards your luck of species. "Well, let's just move past that. At first, we were completely on our own and lonely, despite having each other..." He trailed off as he remembered the time of meeting Veldora and then meeting the small goblin village before it bloomed into a nation. "But even in that state, we found friends...and allies." Rimuru was getting sentimental as he remembered meeting everyone that now stood as friends with him today and remembering all the adventure and crazy stories he was able to experience as everyone in the room couldn't help but grow a warm and fuzzy feeling in their heart as they listened to the words of their beloved leader. "That's all of you. I think I can say for Y/N as well, we'd even call you our family. You're that important to us." Rimuru explained the love you and him felt towards everyone as Yashichi was outside with tears streaming down his face. "We said we liked humans and made the rule that we wouldn't attack them because the two of us used to be humans. We're monsters, but we considered ourselves human at heart. That's why we hoped to mingle with humans and get along with them...Regretting that now won't erase what's happened, but it was never our intention to hurt you guys because of it. It wasn't my intention..." He trailed off as he remembered the kids he was taking care of back in Engrassia. "If I had come back here sooner instead of staying so long in Engrassia..." He was beginning to shift the blame to himself, but Shuna wasn't going to allow that.