Chapter 15

Yet again.. I found myself stuck in another unfortunate situation. My older sister, who was ever so protective of me, and my missing mate, who has never been declared as my mate publicly, have finally met.. but not in the way I expected. As I stood between the two of them, I felt I was the victim of their unwavering stares. The eyes burning on the back of my head were definitely of Mallory's. I could only imagine her emeralds burning with fury and frustration, but beneath it all, I would assume there was reluctancy. On the other hand, the eyes I stared into were a color of the brightest yellow. However, whilst yellow may symbolize happiness for others, the same cannot be applied here. When my sister's forest green eyes turned into that of the scorching sun's yellow, it signaled a disaster to come.

But this was already a disaster. Mallory hated witches and judging by her actions earlier, she knew who my sister was, of course she did. Not only that, Mallory also knew of the capabilities of Weiss, therefore I could only hope she'd have the awareness to not fight a battle she'll never win. It wasn't that I didn't believe in her, no, Gaia and I believed in Mallory more than anyone, it was more of the fact that I knew Weiss would not hold back.. especially since she saw my mate yelling at me.

Weiss currently did not know the significance of Mallory in my life. To her, it may seem like a random ungrateful girl yelling at her younger sister and her only family. I'm sure if it were anyone else with their siblings, they'd be pissed off as well.. therefore this was why, even though I didn't want to yet, I knew I had to tell Weiss who Mallory was. If I didn't, I may as well dig my mate's grave already. But I just.. didn't know how to tell her properly. I had to thoroughly think it through.

"Willow, you do know that does not work on me?" I knew. Standing between them has no effect on Weiss, she can still cast a spell that may harm Mallory, but she knew better than that. She knew I only defend people I care for.

Weiss looked at Mallory behind me, the anger still apparent. "Why are you defending a.. freak?"

My brows furrowed, "Don't call her that."

"If not a freak, then what shall I call your friend? It's best we do the proper introductions before she gets graced with my fists, if not by my spells."

"Why you ill-mannered-"

I turned around and quickly put my hand over Mallory's mouth. I leaned closer to her ear and lowly whispered, "Don't play with fire and just let me handle this."

I then faced Weiss once more, "Weiss, why don't we go back home and I'll.. tell you everything? Just don't call her names and don't hurt her, leave her alone."

She smiled, one that was enough to kill the flowers around us, "Willow, you should know I never forget a face and I never let anything slide."

Before I knew it, Weiss was already behind Mallory. My eyes widened and I quickly yelled out, "Alláxte théseis!" The spell immediately worked and Mallory and I switched places just in time for Weiss' fist to almost meet my face.

Weiss stopped and retracted her fist. She then raised a brow at me, "You cast a spell first, now it's fair for me to cast one in retaliation." She stated, grinning wickedly.

Oh fuck, I knew what that meant. Whenever Weiss and I fought, she would never cast any spells unless I did it first.. and the spells that she would cast were most certainly not for the weak.. or at least not for those who were greatly unfamiliar with magic, just like Mallory.

Amethyst, who was watching us all this time, stepped forward, "Guys.. why don't we calm down? I'm sure everything will be okay?" She tried to calm us down but we didn't listen to her and my sister did not even acknowledge her words.

Suddenly, Weiss' grin dropped and she became serious, "No one is allowed to treat you like that, Willow, not even one you care for. I won't allow it."

Her eyes glowed and I instantly knew we were screwed. Fuck, fuck, if I don't do anything now, she'll cast her spell and I have no way of anticipating what it will be but what should I do? I'm panicking, what should I do? Fuck! Weiss grinned once more as she started, "Spáste káthe ti-"