Chapter 13

Two weeks have gone by. Fourteen days have gone by. Three hundred thirty six hours have gone by. Twenty thousand one hundred sixty minutes have gone by. And over a million seconds have gone by. I've finished two seasons. I've taught fourteen young witches and wizards. I've fixed more than twenty thousand wands for the beginners. And I've patrolled the kingdom for over the millionth time.

Everyday was the exact same routine. I wake up early in the morning at seven am sharp. I get ready for the day for two hours. I leave, I skip eating, and I continue my duties. I teach at the academy. I oversee the training of the soldiers and would sometimes even guide them myself. Then I would take a break in my library, reading various poems. I'd return to my students for spell casting before finishing up my duties by patrolling the kingdom at night. When everything's done, I return to my room and I watch a few series. I don't sleep until three am. Then the day comes once more and I begin the same old routine.

I've even forgotten when was the last time I ate. I think I stopped when the fourth day came, I don't know. Weiss and Sapphire have been desperately trying to convince me to eat but I always told them the same thing.. that I don't need to eat. I could feel the magic coursing through my veins and that was enough for me to live. Although my magic was quite weakened due to my lack of energy, but it's fine. As long as there's a speck of mana and magic within me, I'm fine.

Speaking of Weiss and Sapphire, I knew they were discreetly looking for Gaia on my behalf. I've already told them not to bother but of course they didn't listen. No one knew where that demigoddess was, only the moon goddess did. It made sense now why Gaia had two mates, for them to comfort each other when she was absent. But it backfired as the other mate ran away and all that's left was me.

I stopped combing my hair and neatly placed the comb unto my sink. I glanced at myself in the broken mirror, taking note of all the weight I lost, before chuckling and leaving my room. The muscles I worked hard on were starting to be replaced by my mere bones but I couldn't do anything about it. I just had no appetite and no will to exercise again. Maybe I'd become one of those lazy witches and wizards who cast spells on themselves to look good. Oh what a stark contrast to what I used to think.

I left the castle and was about to walk to the direction of the academy but Weiss suddenly appeared and stopped me. Ever since I came back to the castle, my sister has been nothing but sweet to me. It was kind of weird as I've always been used to her usual cold and emotionless self but lately.. she's been the exact opposite.

"Willow, I was wondering if you could deliver this document to the vampire kingdom. It contains extremely significant information and I only trust you to deliver it to Vaye." Weiss stated as she snapped her fingers and a briefcase appeared.

"Only if you're up to it though. I will not force you to do anything you do not want to do." She added, giving me another one of her worried looks. I felt guilty that I made her worry so much about me but at the same time, I had no energy to do anything about it.

I grabbed the briefcase and nodded at her, "I got this, Weiss. I'm up for it."

"Very well. Oh! And before I forget, I also have this for you."

She showed me a.. candy? I tilted my head in confusion and asked, "A candy?" Weiss nodded in reply before silently putting the candy in the front pocket of my jeans.

"Eat it." She simply said before patting my shoulder and walking away.

I shrugged and decided to cast a portal to the vampire kingdom instead of walking there. Usually, I'd walk but I haven't fully healed my legs yet.

I took a deep breath and mumbled, "Syndéste tin psychí mou, vgálte me brostá." Since the spell consisted of me having to cast a portal to another location, it was considered to be a heavy spell, thus, I had to orally say it or else it would fail. I mean, usually I'd be able to cast it with only my mind since I was very skilled with magic.. but I haven't been at my full strength lately.