26.I hate you

"I couldn't care less about what happens between you two,"

she retorted coolly, her voice tinged with disdain. "Your obsession with Jungkook is your own problem, not mine."

Hyejin's smirk faltered slightly at Y/n's dismissive words, but she quickly regained her composure.

"Oh, trust me, sweetheart," she taunted, her tone dripping with malice. "You'll care when you see me walking down the aisle with Jungkook by my side."

Y/n's jaw clenched at Hyejin's taunt, but she refused to let her see how much her words affected her.

"Believe what you want, Hyejin," she shot back, her voice tinged with defiance.

"But Jungkook and I are ancient history. I won't waste another second of my life worrying about him."

Jungkook's gaze flickered between Hyejin and Y/n, his expression unreadable as he struggled to process the tension between them.

"Can we please just focus on the task at hand?" he interjected, his voice strained with frustration.

But Y/n wasn't about to let him off the hook so easily. "Geurae," she conceded, her tone dripping with sarcasm.

"But don't expect me to play nice with your little girlfriend here. She made her intentions pretty clear."

Hyejin's eyes narrowed at Y/n's jab, but before she could respond, Y/n turned on her heel and stormed out of the room, leaving Jungkook and Hyejin to grapple with the tension that hung thick in the air.

Hyejin's eyes sparkled with malicious glee. "Oh, come on, Jungkook," she purred, her fingers trailing up his arm.

"You know this little charade with Y/n won't last. You'll get bored and come running back to me."

Y/n rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest. "Is that all you've got, Hyejin? Empty threats and delusions?" she sneered.

"You can have him. I have bigger plans than wasting my time on someone like him."

Hyejin’s face twisted with anger. "You think you’re so high and mighty, don’t you?" she spat.

"Just because you’re playing businesswoman now doesn’t mean you can erase the past."

Y/n stepped closer, her voice dropping to a dangerous whisper. "And you think clinging to a man defines your worth?" she countered. "That’s pathetic, Hyejin. Absolutely pathetic."

Jungkook sighed heavily, running a hand through his hair. "Enough, both of you," he said, his tone weary. "This isn’t getting us anywhere."

Hyejin leaned in, her voice a venomous hiss. "You’ll regret this, Y/n," she vowed. "I’ll make sure of it."

Y/n raised an eyebrow, her expression bored. "Bring it on, Hyejin," she challenged. "I’m not scared of you or your petty schemes."

Jungkook looks at y/n. "Y/n, can we please focus on our work? This isn't the time or place for this kind of drama."

Y/n gave him a cold, measured look. "I’m here to work, Jungkook. It’s Hyejin who’s making this personal."

Hyejin clung to Jungkook’s arm, her eyes flashing with anger. "Jungkook, can’t you see what she’s doing? She’s trying to drive a wedge between us."

Y/n laughed, the sound sharp and devoid of humor. "Drive a wedge? There’s no need for me to do anything. You two are doing a fine job of that on your own."

Hyejin’s grip on Jungkook tightened as she glared at Y/n. "You think you’re so smart, don’t you? But we all know you’re just bitter and alone."

Y/n's eyes glinted with a mixture of anger and pity. "Bitter and alone? No, Hyejin, I’m focused and determined. And unlike you, I don’t define myself by the men in my life."

Jungkook stepped between them, his expression one of exasperation. "Enough! Both of you need to stop this right now. We’re here to work, not to tear each other apart."

Hyejin’s voice softened as she turned to Jungkook, her eyes wide and innocent. "Jungkook, you know I’m right. She’s just trying to get under our skin."

Y/n shook her head, a small, disbelieving smile playing on her lips. "Hyejin, if you think you can manipulate everyone with that act, you’re sorely mistaken."

Hyejin’s face reddened with fury. "You’re nothing, Y/n. Nothing but a sad, pathetic woman who can’t let go of the past."

Y/n’s expression hardened. "And you’re a desperate, insecure girl clinging to a man who doesn’t even respect you."

Jungkook’s frustration boiled over. "I said, enough! This is getting out of hand. We have a job to do, and I won’t let this childish bickering ruin it."

Y/n took a deep breath, her gaze unwavering. "Fine, Jungkook. I’ll be professional. But don’t expect me to back down when I’m being disrespected."

Hyejin smirked, leaning into Jungkook. "See? She’s the one causing all the trouble."

Y/n’s voice was icy as she responded. "I’m not causing trouble, Hyejin. I’m standing up for myself. There’s a difference."

Hyejin scoffed. "You’re delusional if you think anyone cares about your self-righteous attitude."

Y/n’s eyes flashed with anger. "Better to be self-righteous than to be a doormat."

Jungkook held up his hands, his voice strained. "Enough! We need to move past this. We’re all professionals here. Let’s act like it."

Y/n took a step back, her gaze still locked on Hyejin. "Fine. Let’s get back to work."

Hyejin’s voice was a low, angry whisper. "This isn’t over, Y/n. Not by a long shot."

Y/n’s smile was cold. "Bring it on, Hyejin. I’m not afraid of you."

Jungkook sighed, rubbing his temples. "Can we please just focus on the task at hand?"

Y/n nodded curtly. "Of course. Let’s get this over with."

Hyejin’s eyes narrowed as she watched Y/n. "You’ll regret crossing me, Y/n."

Y/n’s voice was steady, filled with a quiet confidence. "I doubt that, Hyejin. I really do."

Jungkook stepped between them again, his voice firm. "Enough. Let’s get to work."

Y/n and Hyejin glared at each other for a moment longer before turning their attention to the task at hand.

The tension in the room was palpable, but they both knew that they had to put their personal animosities aside for the sake of their professional responsibilities.

As they worked, Y/n couldn’t shake the feeling of satisfaction that came from standing her ground. She knew that this battle was far from over, but she was ready for whatever came next.

She was determined to show both Hyejin and Jungkook that she was not to be underestimated.

And as for Hyejin, her mind raced with thoughts of revenge. She would find a way to make Y/n pay for the humiliation she had inflicted. One way or another, she would come out on top.

But for now, they worked in uneasy silence, each plotting their next move in the ongoing war between them. The stage was set, and the battle lines were drawn. There was no turning back now.

As they continued their work, the tension between Y/n and Hyejin remained palpable. The atmosphere was thick with unspoken animosities and simmering resentment. Finally, after what felt like hours, the meeting concluded, and everyone began to gather their things to leave.

Jungkook moved towards the door, but before he exited, he paused by Y/n's side. Leaning in close, he whispered in her ear, his voice dripping with malice,

"I hate you."