Why Does Shu Get So Jealous?

If you have read Reincarnated in Beyblade Burst, you might have noticed that Shu gets really jealous sometimes.

Why is that? Well, I headcannon that Shu's parents were extremely neglectful and as a result, Shu was extremely touch starved as a child.

Receiving affection from anyone is very awkward for Shu, especially if it's someone else's parents. For people like Valt, he thinks of Shu as a brother and it's not a big deal to him.

When Shu first started to fall for Rose, he was extremely nervous about it. He tried to deny his feelings at first, but it soon became clear that he had a crush on her.

Once Rose fell asleep next to Shu and she cuddled up to him. When Shu felt her touch he actually cried a little. Not that he would ever admit it to her (or anyone for that matter).

As the couple became closer, Shu became more protective with Rose. But he's also afraid that she might leave him just like his parents. When he sees another guy show any romantic interest in her, he can't help it but get extremely jealous. Some may think that Shu can be possessive, but can you blame him?

You might find that Rose and Shu would always wake up cuddling if they sleep in the same bed. That's because sometimes Shu wakes up from a nightmare and wants something to cuddle.