𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 1 ✧

George picked up his school books that fell when someone pushed him near the lockers. He quickly walked to the library because it was his only escapism from school. He picked a book he liked and borrowed it for a while.

He took the bus to go home. He read the book that he borrowed, and it was about a disease. He reached home and he didn't see his mum, as she was picking up his little sister off, Aria, to ballet class. He then sighs and slouches on the couch, tired.

His mum came home quickly with Aria and George quickly went upstairs to his room. His mum saw him and stopped him to ask,

"When did you come home?"

"Oh, just a few hours ago." George replies.

"Well, get ready to see Aria's ballet competition tomorrow."

"Mum, I have homework to do, and it's-"

"Just, get your clothes ready. Will you?" He then walks upstairs to his room, like he was told to.

~ Time skip ~

He was going to the bathroom to brush his teeth, until he saw Aria with packed bags.

"What are you doing?" He asked worried.

"George, I want to leave. Please!" She sighed, and ran her hands through her hair.

"What do you mean? Where's mum?"

"She's gone shopping."

"What happened?" She wouldn't speak. George then put his hands on her shoulder and said,

"Tell me!" She had tears on her face.

"I don't want to do ballet! Everyone keeps making fun of me for saying I have such an ugly brother." His hands drop from her shoulder and she ran downstairs. He then runs after her and grabs her wrist, making her turn to him.

"Don't run away, please. I'll make sure you won't get bullied, okay?" She cries.

"I don't want to be bullied like you, George!"

"Ok, ok. I'll make sure, I promise." She nods, then goes to her room. He sighs and runs his hands through his hair.

"Why is it hard for me?" He asks himself, sitting on the stairs. Suddenly, his mum came home

"What happened?" She asked while looking at George, sitting on the stairs.

"Oh, I was just-"

"Where's Aria?" She interrupts.

"She's in her room."

"Take the groceries out and place them in the kitchen." She went to wash her hands and George took the groceries out, then put them away. Suddenly, his mum came up to George and slapped him on the cheek. He held his cheek then suddenly turned to his mum.

"What did you do to Aria?!" She asked angrily.

"I didn't do anything-"

"Get out of the kitchen, and go to your room." She said. He ran up to his room, crying. He was crying the whole night. This wasn't an odd occurrence for George. His mum always favored Aria because she was beautiful. But for George, she didn't feel the same.

After crying the whole night, George finally drifted to sleep.

~ The next day ~

George woke up due to the sun beaming at his face. He got up, washed and ate. He didn't have plans today. So, he went to a park and sat under a tree. He has always sat under that specific tree ever since he was young. He was reading the book he borrowed, since he didn't finish it yesterday. Then, his dad called. He picked up his phone and answered the call.