Two can play the game

Simone's hostel

(a knock on the door, Simone goes to open)

Simone: What are you doing here?

Spencer: Please, I need to speak with Liv.

Simone: You really have some nerves showing up here. I doubt she wants to speak with you.

(Olivia's voice from the kitchen, Sis, who is there, she screams)

Spencer: Babe, please let me in. We need to talk.

Simone: Spencer, leave

Spencer: I am not until I talk to my woman?

Olivia approaches the door, come in Spencer, she smiles...

Simone: You are really going to let him in? I can't believe this.

Olivia: Calm down, sis, please give us some privacy. Let me talk to him.

(Simone walks out)

Olivia: You have the floor, talk.

Spencer: I swear babe, it is not what you think. I need you to trust me.

Olivia: First of all, you don't know what I am thinking. Secondly, I trust you. That is why I am giving you a chance to talk. So, please, talk, I am listening.

Spencer: Nothing happened between us, I promise you.

Olivia: (smiles) I know nothing happened. You see why I said you don't know what I am thinking?

Spencer: (looking confused) So, if you know I didn't do anything, why are you angry? You left my place angry.

Olivia: Yes, I left your place cause you lied to me, but I don't recall saying I was angry.

Spencer: I am really sorry Liv, Thea needed my help and i made a promise to her not to tell anybody about it.

Olivia: Hmm, she also made you promise not to tell me she was going to pass the night at your place?

Spencer: No, that was my decision cause I know, if I told you, you would want to know why and I won't be able to tell you.

Olivia: Hmmm! Interesting. Anyway, Spencer, I am not angry with you. I just hated that you lied.

Spencer: I am really sorry, but I promise you nothing happened. I swear.

Olivia: (smiles) I believe you, but I hate lies. So, next time i need you to tell me truth, no matter what.

Spencer: Babe, I promise I will.

(Jordan knocks on the door. Simone opens for him)

Jordan: Good morning babe, sorry, I am late. (he hugs and kisses Simone)

Simone: I thought we were meeting at noon.

Jordan: Yea, I came here for Spencer.

Simone: Oh! Don't waste your time, your boy messed up.

Jordan and Simone join Spencer and Olivia in the kitchen, where they are having their discussion.

Jordan: Hey sis (hugs Liv) I am supposed to be begging on Spencer's behalf, but everything looks chilled here.

Olivia: Your boy lied to me, but I know there is a reason he did that

Simone: Liv, you seem so chilled about all of this.

Olivia: You mean the childish game Thea is playing?

Spencer: What do you mean by game?

Olivia: Babe, I told you to be careful about that girl. I don't trust her a bit and I know her kind of person.

Simone: True though, she gives me this desperate vibe.

Olivia: First, it was a guy telling me to warn my boyfriend to stay away from his girlfriend.

Then I got a message from an unknown person on IG, a picture of Thea hugging you and entering your room.

After some time I get a message again, a picture of Thea naked in your bed.

Everything happened just yesterday.

Simone: Hmmm, true.

Olivia: I just figured out it is someone trying to get a reaction from me and, of course, wanted me to go over to your hostel and cause a scene.

Simone: Now that you mention, I am beginning to understand what is going on.

Olivia: That trick is so childish.

Spencer: I didn't tell anyone Thea was coming to my hostel or spending the night.

Jordan: Are you saying this is all Thea's doing? (looks confused)

Spencer: But why would Thea want to do such a thing?

Olivia: Babe, you can be slow, durrhhh, she likes you and definitely wants to get rid of me.

Spencer: (blurts out) She has a boyfriend

Olivia: Interesting. Then there is only one way to find out what is going on. I understand you don't want to break her promise, so I won't push further.

Simone: So, what do we do?

Olivia: Play her game.

Jordan: What is her game?

Olivia: (nods her head) I am surrounded by doofus. The good thing about my friendship with Layla is she exposed me to these childish tricks. Layla is the queen when it comes to playing games. I learnt a lot from her.

They all laughed....

Simone: That girl stays playing games and toying with people. She and Thea are probably in the same group. They share ideas.

Olivia: So, here is the thing: she wants us to fight and break up. That is what we will do.

Spencer: I don't want to break up with you.

Simone: Shut up Spencer, it is a game. Just play along.

Spencer: Okay. But babe, I am sorry for lying.

Olivia: (moves closer to him) I trust you enough to know what you can do and what you wouldn't.

Spencer: But what if we are wrong and she is actually not trying to do anything?

Olivia: Well, at least we will know...So are we all on the same page now?

Spencer: Okay, I can play...

Jordan: (smiles) game time....