𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐔𝐈𝐋𝐃 𝐀 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄

MAY 1907

"Come on, you two seem like nice women." James Cook said from the back of Sadie's horse. He was stowed on tightly with blood running down his face.

He put up a fight, but obviously lost.

"Nice?" Sadie snickered and he turned to me. "At least you do."

"I want nothing more than for you to be put down, cabron." I said.

James Cook. I usually felt a little remorse when it came to turning in outlaws; seeing as how I used to be one. But I felt no ounce of guilt when it came to this man. He was wanted for horrid crimes I couldn't even fathom.

I would be doing everyone a favor by getting rid of him.

James groaned. "Come on, baby. I'll make it worth your while. I got gold."

Sadie scoffed. "I hope your death is nice and long."

"Come on!" He yelled. "I didn't- I only murder if a got to. And that girl-!" He was interrupted with a hit over the head.

I sighed in relief. "God, I can't stand much more of him."

"We're about to pass by Beechers Hope. Maybe you could stop by while I take him in." Sadie offered and I looked over to her. "Really?"

"Sure." She chuckled. "I'll meet you back there."

"You sure?" I asked again and she laughed. "Go. I'll meet you there."

"Alright then." I pulled my horse in closer to hers and gave her a kiss. I felt a smile on her lips as we kissed. 

I pulled away and winked playfully. "Don't miss me too much."

She chuckled. "I think i'll manage."

I rode over to Beechers Hope. I pulled in and saw the house. It looked like he was actually making progress. The floors were already built. Now he was adding layouts for the walls. John was shirtless due to the heat. It was a lot hotter down south than up in Valentine.

It wasn't just John there, but another man joined him. A big man with dark skin and long hair. It couldn't be...

I dragged a whistle out as I dismounted my horse. "Well look at you all hard at working!" I approached them and John looked over at me with a smile. "Rosa!"

"John." I greeted. I then looked over at Charles. He approached me with a smile. "I haven't seen you in a long time."

"Neither have I." I gave him a quick hug. "You look good."

"And you look... different." Charles smiled a little. "A good different."

I guess I had changed a lot since Charles last saw me. I was much more scrawnier, had long hair, and I probably a lot less healthy. Plus, the scar across my face no longer had those loud stitches.

"Thank you."

"How are you and Sadie?" He asked and I smiled. I loved talking about her. "We're really good. We have a place north of Valentine. We're actually bounty hunters now." I said and he chuckled in disbelief. "You?"

"I know." I laughed a little. "It seemed crazy to me at first too, but Sadie-" I was interrupted.

"Is that- Is that Rosa?" I heard the most distinctive voice in my life. A voice that brought back so many memories.

"Uncle?" I looked over at him and he smiled as he approached me. "I knew it. I could recognize that high rasp anywhere."

"How-" I laughed a little. "How the hell are you still alive?"