𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄

FOUR YEARS LATER
MAY, 1905

I looked down at the bounty we were collecting. I reread it. My english reading had actually been progressing ever since becoming a bounty hunter.

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE
GEORGE CONSTANTINE

Reward of 90$. Wanted for murder, assault, and robbery. Dangerous outlaw. If seen: report to nearest law enforcement.

Last seen in Big Valley above the town of Strawberry.

After checking Big Valley, we heard he was heading to the saloon in Blackwater. As time went on, my bounty in Blackwater faded. People slowly forgot or just stopped caring about the Van der Linde gang. After word got out that they split us up, the police had decided they had other things to worry about. Which was very good for me.

Six years of staying away was pretty tough. I could finally go as far as New Austin.

Sadie and I stood across from the saloon coming up with a plan.

"Alright, he should be in there." Sadie said. I smoked a cigarette as I listened. "Shouldn't we wait for him to get out? You know, not cause too much noise inside?"

"Oh, it's only the morning. How much trouble could we get into?"

I chuckled. "Sure. How do you wanna go about this?"

"Well, we could just pretend to like him. Give the bastard a false sense of security then we just kill him." Sadie said and I threw my cigarette on the ground. "Alright. I'm always up for some acting."

And I really was. I used to love going on trips with Hosea because of this. He'd always come up with the strangest backstories for his improvised character. I really missed him.

We walked into the saloon and looked around. I saw a man who fit his description and picture. Blonde hair, blue eyes, and a scar down his lip. I pointed at him and Sadie nodded. "Alright, let's get him."

We approached the man. "Hey, mister." Sadie said in a flirtatious tone. "You look mighty lonely."

"Doesn't he?" I sat down on his right side.

He chuckled a little. "You two want to take me home?"

I pretended to admire him. "You are such a handsome man."

George smiled at me. "You ain't too bad yourself, darling."

Sadie made a face of disgust from behind him. She pretended to throw up and I laughed a little. "Thank you, mister." I sat up straight. "You know, you look a lot more handsome in person than in your photo."

He gave me a confused look. "My photo?"

I slapped the bounty poster onto the bar. "Now..." I pointed to the text saying "dead or alive". "we can bring your body in warm or cold. Which one do you prefer?"

George laughed taking a sip of his drink. "There ain't no way i'm being taken in by two women parading around in pants."

I looked over at Sadie. "It's your call, cowboy."

She smiled a little. "Alright... cold it is." She immediately hit him over the head and he grabbed it in pain. "Ah, you bitch!"

The whole bar immediately started fighting. I didn't pay it much attention to it though.

I approached him with a rope. "Come on, let's go, cowboy." I was about to hogtie George, but he immediately hit me over the head with a glass bottle and ran away.

"Ah, shit." I held my forehead in pain and Sadie went up to me. "You okay?"

"Yeah, yeah." I nodded feeling my forehead bleed due to the glass. "I'm fine." I looked over at George who was about to run out the saloon. "Thirty bucks for whoever stops him!" I yelled and the bar immediately directed their attention to George.