Dean holds onto his arm as he try to show him something funny on his phone. "Look Charlie this golden retriever looks just like you, so cutee."

He just nods his head while looking at the video before trying to get up again but Dean's hold onto his arms tightens even more.

"I'm getting hungry, let's grab something to eat. There's a place nearby that sells chicken katsu with japanese curry, your favourite.", Dean added as he smiles widely.

Charlie looks up at Babe before asking. "Do you want to go eat japanese curry, P'Babe?"

"No.", Babe answered deadpan.

He said nothing else but his stares towards their linked hands didn't go unnoticed by the rest of the crew that's around including Charlie himself.

At this moment Charlie wish he's a little closer to Babe so he could touch him and read his mind but Dean wouldn't let him off his grip.

"Then let's go, just us.", Dean nods his head to Charlie.

"Uh- maybe next time. I came with P'Babe so...", if it's anyone else it would've been easy for Charlie to reject, even more the fact that Babe is with him right now but Dean is a different story.

Their history goes way back.

"Just go if you want, y'all are too loud anyway.", Babe said harshly as he crosses his arms infront of his chest.

The heat from before came creeping in his head again. He's not used to this feeling, he knew that it's jealousy but he wouldn't admit it even to himself.

Soon after Babe stands up to his feet as he hurriedly scurries away towards the racing track with Way yet again following him, leaving a confused puppy behind.

"Where are you going, Babe?", Way asked.

"Practice."

"But it's not our turn-"

"I don't care."

*****

"P'Alan, please stop P'Babe. I can't take it anymore, he's been practicing like crazy for 4 hours now. It's time for someone else to use the track, they've been waiting for their turn.", Sonic said as he gets close to the owner of the garage.

"Just tell him that then?", Alan who doesn't get the situation stated the very obvious.

"You know how hot headed he could get. Just let him be, he'll stop soon.", Way who's used to Babe's antics just shrugged while Alan just nodded on the side.

"Why does everyone always spoil him?", Dean's voice suddenly comes from behind them with Charlie in tow.

"P'Alan, Babe and me has been working our asses off to build X-Hunter together, without Babe we won't have a strong base for the race.", Way explained and Alan just nods his head yet again.

"He's important to us not just for the team but he's like my real brother, my family too.", Alan said with a soft smile while looking at Dean. "Just like you will be too, Dean."

"What do you mean, P'Alan?", Dean asked with his head slightly tilted to the side.

Babe who ultimately had enough, finally gets out of his GT-R R35 racing car. He blew off some of the steam but to no avail, his head soon became hot again.

"Welcome to the X-Hunter racing team, our youngest member.", Alan holds out his hand towards Dean to congratulate him.

To his dismay, instead of Dean returning the handshake, the younger turns to his side before jumping onto Charlie. Hugging him tightly as he jumps up and down while the latter just stands still.