²¹°

Mom: ok now off to bed. I don't wanna see any of you on your phones or out without any reason.

The Lee family had just been done with their dinner when Mrs. Lee went full mama mode on getting -in her words- kids to bed . Their school was reopening the next day after a break .

Chn: Mom we aren't kids. I'm literally 18 and with a mate.

Lk: and I don't even have a phone.

Mom: I won't repeat myself. I don't care if you guys are 8 , 18 or 80 years old you will be my kids. And you all have school tomorrow.

Hj: I don't , but Mum's right we should all get to bed

Mom: thank you. Atleast there is someone who smart among the kids.

Chan and Felix threw a betrayed look towards Hyunjin and Minho just accepted his fate and just went upstairs to his room.

Chn: but why do I have to go. I kind of  , ya know have pack duties right ?

Mom : I'll help your dad during the day. Education is important. No missing classes or dropping out for the sake of pack duties got it.

C&F: Yes mom.

Chan and Felix stood up to keep the dishes in the sink when they all noticed Hyunjin hadn't moved from his spot.

Chn: Hyunjin....... Jin ....... Jinnie........ Sweety....

There was no response until Mrs. Lee slightly nudged him which startled him and he quickly looked up at them .

Chn: what happened baby. Why did you zone out all of a sudden?

Hj: oh it's nothing. Just leave it. Mum do you want any help with dishes. On second thought you can go I'll do it myself.

Fel: Hyunjin willing to do the entire dishes alone? Did the sun rise on the opposite end today?

Chn: Baby. What happened? You sound upset about something.

Hj: it's nothing really important . I'm just being stupid .

Mom: oh sweetheart what happened. You know anything that concerns any of you kids is important no matter how minute.

Hj: it's nothing. I'm just being a baby

Chn: if it's bothers you it's something. Would you prefer to just talk to me in private or to mom ?

Hj: no need it's fine. It's just I know you didn't mean it in the way I took it mum. But when you made that comment about education and it's important. I just felt bad. Not because I regret dropping out. But because I thought you guys might see me as stupid or irrational for my decision. Like you guys will think less of me for dropping out .

Mom: oh sweetheart. It's nothing like that. I don't think less of you for your decision . You have that freedom to make that decision. You have received basic education until 17. And your decision wasn't stupid or a spur of a moment thing. Chan had already told me your feelings about it and you are in no way wrong for that. The reason I scolded chan is because he is trying to stop because of pack duties. And I don't want that. If any of my children came to me with a decision similar to yours and they made that decision just for themselves and because they feel like it's the right thing for them then I wouldn't stop them. As long as their decision isn't influenced because of pack duties or laziness to study or other similar and stupid reasons which exist for name sake.

Hj: oh ?

Mom: yes so trust me . I don't think your stupid or think less of you for dropping out.

Hj: thanks Mama