Chapter One: Oh Fuck

((THIS IS A MESSAGE FROM THE AUTHOR CURRENTLY: Please I beg of you to not read this story, I hate it very much and it's truly horribly written. I recommend to skip to the last chapter so you can read my new version of this story. I promise you, it will save your eyes from bleeding :,) ))

Today was a normal, warm and breezy, summer night in paradice city. Well, the locals call it normal for they are use to demons and hunters roaming around the area. Of course, majority of the locals support the hunters, but there are few that do tend to support the demons. Now, the four famous hunters in the area are Jake English (aka the leader of the hunters) , Jade Harley, John Egbert, and Jane Crocker. They extermainted most of the demons, but there were the weaker ones that still crawled around. The four demons they were more worried about are Dirk Strider (aka the leader of the demons), Dave Strider, Rose LaLonde, and Roxy LaLonde. This battle between them has been going on for two years now, and yet neither of them have seemed to be able to scratch the surrface of one another. Until today, something happened between the two leaders of each group. One side ending up good for them, then the other, well, bad. Shall we see what has happened? Thought so.

Jake was back with the other hunters at their hangout, which happened to be a log cabin hidden deep into the forest. It was in that location so others didn't disturb them. It also had one big demon trap around their property to keep them safe and was constantly covered around with salt every evening before sunset. They could never be too sure, especially with the rank of demons they were after. Jake had drawn out a few maps with four different colors for each hunter. He planned out their routes for the city to hunt for demons and capture maybe one or two. They needed answers, and soon. Jake was getting rather fed up with the demons tricks for far too long, and the others could gladly agree with him. He handed them each a map with their particular route and where they should meet up before heading back to 'base'. They all nodded as they grabbed their weapons and other sorts of trinkets to help their hunt. Jake locked every door and splashed a bit of holy water on each door nob before catching up with the others outside. This is one hunt they had planned ahead of them.

Now while this was all happening, Dirk and the other demons were also planning a route. This rarely happened, but they just wanted to catch one hunter, at least. Dirk assigned himself to Jake because he was the strongest hunter and Dirk was the strongest demon. All the others agreed in his reasoning for it. Dave was assigned to John, Roxy was assigned to Jane, and Rose was assigned to Jade. They all needed to try and catch theirs or escape with their lives. Dirk dosen't want another demon's blood to shed, especially when the rest of the strong ones were his family. He would do anything for them to keep them safe. So on that note, he made sure they all wore hoodies and jeans. He didn't want them to get hit with holy water, but the clothes would prevent it from happening quickly. It would give them time to react. They all nodded at each other before spreading out their wings, flying out to the city.

Jake was busy holding the barrel of his gun to the head of weaker demon, giving him the death glare. "Tell me where your clan is and I *might* just let you go!" He shouted at the demon. The demon flinched as he stuttered, to terrified to speak at the moment. This just made Jake more irratated, so he pressed the barrel of the gun harder into the demon's head. "Speak up before I blast your brains out!" He demanded as he took out a small vile of holy water, splashing it onto the demon's bare neck and shoulders. It caused the demon to hollar out in pain, clawing at Jake blindly, which of course, did nothing. This kept on going for the past few minutes before Jake got tired of this demons bullshit. "Ugh, you bore me." He stated coldly as he pulled the trigger, watching the life leave the demon's eyes. For what Jake didn't know is that Dirk was up on the roof top, watching him and chuckling softly.

Dirk came over to the area where he heard the screaming of a demon being hurt. He quickly flew over, making sure it wasn't Dave, Roxy, or Rose. He wouldn't care who it was hurting them, he would rip out their throat not giving a single fuck. As he landed quietly on the rooftop, folding his wings back up, he noticed it was none other then Jake English himself trying to get answers out of a weaker demon. As soon as Jake killed the demon, Dirk spoke out to down below. "Tsk, Tsk, thinking on getting answers from weaklings? I'm honestly surprised in you, English." He said with a bit of teasing in his tone with a smirk plastered onto his lips. This caused the Brit to look up instantly and glare up at Dirk. "Then come bring your ass down here and face me, god dammit!" Jake shouted, reloading his pistols as he aimed up at Dirk. Dirk shrugged, dropping down the side of the building and gracefully landing on his feet. He stood a good foot or so taller then Jake. Dirk was 6'3, but Jake was 5'4, being rather short, but he puts up an amazing fight.