Prompt #2: Final Draft/Blurb/Cover

Prompt from October 10th, 2023

Attach your final draft.

2. Add pictures to you "Cover slide" like a book cover.
3. Include a "blurb" on your cover slide.

When crafting the perfect blurb for your short story, a few vital structural elements should be followed.

• Hook: Determine what's most compelling and interesting about your story and capture that in the first couple of sentences. The hook should immediately grab the reader's attention and provide a unique perspective about what your book entails.
• Character: Common across fiction blurbs, you'll notice they give readers an enticing sense of who the main characters are. All you need to convey is a brief hint of their personality.
• Conflict: Critical for fiction novels, be sure to share a taste of the underlying conflict driving the story without giving too much away. You want to leave the reader craving more.

Use these components as a guide to writing a blurb that provides substance and intrigue but also has a cliffhanger effect of motivating readers to want to learn more.

A/N: You will see the memoir book thing when I start publishing chapters, this is mentioned in the previous author's note.