9

"Because I know you have something in common with Ace D. Portgas!" Haruka finally said, unable to bear all this tension.

Leona blinked in confusion, relaxing her position a little. She didn't expect that while she was teaching Haruka self-defense, she would suddenly run out with something like that.

"Oh yeah," was all she said, and Haruka's jaw dropped in surprise and her fighting stance went fucking crazy.

"You just admit that I'm right?!" she asked in surprise, then furrowed her eyebrows angrily. "How can you have anything to do with him if you're a Vice Admiral? To have romance whith a pirate, I am disappointed in you!"

Haruka looked at her pretentiously, red with anger. She didn't know what else to say, she was sad, angry and disappointed.

Leona blinked, snorted, and started laughing, doubled over. She hadn't laughed so much for a long time, she felt the tension she had accumulated over the last time leave her as if by magic. She clutched her stomach, slowly feeling the pain caused by laughing.

"What are you laughing at?" she asked with a hint of resentment, more surprised by the sincere and full of joyful laughter that she would have liked to hear in another situation.

"Now now." Leona straightened up, calming down, her characteristic lazy smile remaining on her face. She snorted, causing Haruka to blush. Leona placed her hand on the older girl's head and ruffled her hair with a smile.

"You don't have to worry, I don't have that type of relationship with him. Ace is my little brother," she said, removing her hand.

"Brother...? " Haruka gasped in surprise. In fact, she was surprised, they never talked about such topics. In fact, she knew nothing about Leon.

"Yes, I have two more. They're annoying kids," she admitted with a laugh. "You have nothing to be jealous about."

"I'm not jealous at all!" Haruka was outraged. "I just thought you were doing something reprehensible for a Vice Admiral!"

"Hai, hai," was all Leona said. "So, let's get back to training?"

"But" Haruka hesitantly began, "can we postpone it until later?"

"Why?" Leona asked, surprised.

"Because I'd like to talk to you a little," she said shyly. "It occurred to me that I don't really know anything about you and, therefore, I would like to find out."

Leona smiled gently at her.

"Sure."