5

"You'll see it someday..."

Haruka's dream may not have been to cook for the marine, but she still became the main cook on their ship. What's more, she was on the ship of the Vice Admiral herself. It wasn't reasonable at all, considering the risks involved. So why was she still here?

Because of her damn Vice Admiral.

"Take the largest pot for this soup, don't play with small ones."

"Hai!"

"Go ahead and mix it up, have some pep."

"More spices, don't skimp on them for such a big pot."

"Not salty enough."

"Turn them faster or you will burn them."

She placed a large pot next to the sink.

"Will you take care of it?" Haruka asked the freckled boy washing the dishes.

"Yes Ma'am!" He replied nervously, noticing her only now.

"All right."

Haruka hurriedly washed her hands.

"See you tomorrow, boys" she said before walking out of the kitchen with a spring in her step.

" See you in the morning, Haruka-san!"

"Good night!"

" Have a nice night, Haruka!"

She stood in front of the mirror, brushing her teeth and thinking. Even though she had been on this ship for 4 years, she still had doubts from time to time. She was one of the people who had been on this ship the longest and she didn't quit. After all, serving on the Vice Admiral's ship, despite many amenities, was also demanding and left a mark on the human psyche.

She was surprised that after 4 years she still hadn't given up. She was on duty, despite being a cook, or even being a cook, who was certainly weaker than most of the people on board, which left her vulnerable to a potentially fatal attack if she was in the wrong place. And many times it almost happened. Almost.

She sighed, spat out what was in her mouth and rinsed the toothbrush. She washed her face with water. She looked at her reflection. She saw the first signs of aging or stress.

She had slight bags under her eyes, very slight wrinkles around her hazel eyes that weren't as vibrant as they used to be. Now they looked at her almost blankly. Her skin, always slightly tanned, began to turn pale. She herself lost weight, but not enough to see any drastic changes. She felt like even her now wet, blonde hair had lost some of its shine. Maybe it's time for her to quit? Or go to a psychologist or something?

She sighed once again. Too many thoughts. It would be good for her to get some air.

However, going out on board the ship at night with a wet head was not a good idea. Who would have expected this? It was cold, the sky was covered with clouds, no stars, no moon. She wrapped her arms around herself, shaking slightly and glaring furiously at the dark waves in the ocean. She definitely preferred land.

She got hit in the head with something, she immediately panicked, but it turned out to be just a dark, thick jacket. She gently removed it from her head and looked in the direction from where it came.

"Yo" Said the same Vice Admiral who was the reason she was on this ship and the source of her problems.

"Why are not you sleeping? " Haruka asked directly, gently wrapping herself in Leona's jacket.