3

When someone is 24, they still expect a lot from the world. They still follow their dreams, they still have goals and things he wants to do or see.

She still had so many plans to make. So many things she wanted to achieve. She wanted to enjoy the freedom she had since joining the Navy. She had already achieved so much, but there was still so much to do, so much to fix in this broken world.

When a woman is 24, people expect her to slowly start settling down. This is the age when she should think about giving up her career, start thinking about finding a partner with whom she will get married and start a family.

She had no intention of giving up her career. She had no intention of looking for a husband. She had no intention of giving him a bunch of children. Why didn't this reach people?

"Grandpa." She looked at the gray-haired, portly marine with a pained expression. He was eating food from the table very quickly.

He laughed loudly, looking at the black-haired girl.

"I really want to have little great-grandchildren, you know?" He said, putting a drumstick into his mouth. "You're the only one I can get them from."

He swallowed his food.

"You know, I don't think Luffy or Ace would have children. Apart from the fact that they both chose piracy," he grumbled in the last sentence.

She sighed heavily. They've been bringing up this conversation some time this year. She gives the same answer every time, but her grandfather doesn't seem to get it.

"Grandpa." She said through her teeth, but when he looked at her, she began with a pained face: "I understand everything, all your arguments and everything. But you could understand me too. I won't marry some well-established man whom I've never even met. I won't have children, especially I won't have them just because someone wants them" She said clearly.

Seeing Garp wanted to say something, she raised her hand.

"I'm not done yet," she said. "If I want to have children or a husband, I will have them, but only when I want, when I am ready for it and when I meet a man with whom I want to have a family. And for the next 10 years, I don't think that will happen."

They looked at each other for a long moment without saying a word. A fear arose in her mind that maybe she had been too harsh, that she had overdone it. However, she quickly rejected it. This is her life. She is the one who makes the decisions.

"I will become the Pirate King, one-chan! And you, you'll join my crew, right?!"

Grandpa sighed.

"I see."

She relaxed and smiled slightly.

They spent the rest of the lunch in a pleasant atmosphere.