Chapter 9

"I think you should double-check it," Pihu suggested

"But I'm confident that there aren't any mistakes," Aahan replied.

"The data is incorrect, though. If we send it as is, it could lead to serious consequences," Pihu explained, her frustration mounting.

"I understand, Pihu, but I've already checked it multiple times," Aahan countered.

"I trust you, Aahan, but we can't afford any errors. Remember, surgery is at stake here," Pihu reminded him firmly.
.
.
.

"Janvi shot a sharp glare at her companions and let out an exasperated sigh. "Gosh!! Can you please stop staring at them?" she exclaimed, her frustration evident in her tone.

"We're not staring," He mumbled, with his mouth full of donuts.

She took a sip of her coffee and said, "Yeah, he's right,"

Janvi made a disgusted face and added, "You two are literally devouring them with your fucking eyes."

In reality, Mrunali and Naksh had been sitting on the couch for nearly two hours, drowning themselves in drinks and stuffing food down their throats. And one more thing, they were gawking at Aahan and Pihu like a pair of hawks.

So it started when Aahan and Pihu decided to discuss work in living. And these two idiots came up with a brilliant idea to keep an eye on them.

"For God's Sake, stop doing this guy... You both are looking a pair of dumb and dumbest..." Shivay said while throwing a disgusting glance at them.

But suddenly Naksh's hand abruptly curled into a tight fist, and his jaw clenched with an explosion of anger. Mrunali's eyes widened in shock, and her mouth hung open in surprise.

The scene unfolded in front of them; Aahan was shyly smiling at something Pihu said while she was laughing at his reaction. The tension in the room was palpable, and it was clear that Naksh was not pleased with what he saw.

Janvi and Shivay found themselves in an uncomfortable silence. Their eyes met, conveying a message to each other - someone had to say something to break the
awkwardness.

"Ahem! So guys-..."

"Gosh! Why are you guys even so shocked?" Sidharth mocking voice cut off Shivay's sentence in the middle.

"What do you mean?" Now Naksh and Mrunali both attention shift to Sidharth.

" Damn! I thought you guys only pretended to be dumb but you guys really are..." He finished his sentence with a laugh.

"Stop with your fucking nonsense and tell us what do you mean?" Naksh throws a glare in his direction.

" I mean, don't you guys know about their past."
This question left everyone speechless in the room.