Chapter 6

As the family sat at the dining table, Naksh and Nishal wore expressions of frustration and annoyance that seemed to scream, "One wrong move, and I'll sue your ass

As the family sat at the dining table, Naksh and Nishal wore expressions of frustration and annoyance that seemed to scream, "One wrong move, and I'll sue your ass."

Mrunali sat on the edge of her seat, her hands clasped tightly together as she tried to contain her nerves.

Vedika sat with a grim and distant expression, while Shivay radiated positive energy, his warm smile infectious. Despite his confident demeanour, a single glance from Janvi was enough to turn him into a melting pudding.

Janvi, Aahan, and Pihu sat with an expression that clearly said, "We don't give a damn about anyone's existence," while the elders looked back and forth between them.

Mr. Agnihotri cleared his throat to get everyone's attention before speaking. "Everyone, I have something to announce," he said, and everyone's attention shifted to him.

"After seeing yesterday's cat-dog fight, I've decided something," he paused, then continued. "Nishal and Vedika are going to be moved out to America."

"WHAT!!...?" Vedika exclaimed...

"My child, don't raise your voice at me..." Even Mr. Agnihotri spoke calmly, there was a clear hint of threat in his words...

"Sorry Dad..." Vedika bows a little.

After nodding his head slightly in acknowledgement, he proceeded...
"The biggest project in America is coming up, and Nishal needs to depart for America the day after. I'm hoping Vedika can join him and continue her medical studies in America, following in the footsteps of Aahan and Pihu."

This news shocked everyone but no one dared to speak against his words...

"I hope this one situation is clear to everyone... Now about another decision," he takes a deep breath while looking at them with an intense gaze,
"You six are going on holiday to our farmhouse..."

Silence... Nobody speaks because they're waiting for Mr. Agnihotri to say 'I'm joking' but it never came...

"But why...?" Aahan asked.

"Because you guys need some sense..." He replied in a matter-of-fact tone...

"But why do we have to leave our house...? And holidays...? We have a job, Dad..." Naksh said in a slightly irritated tone...

"And who cares about your jobs...?" Mr. Agnihotri rebuked...

"What do you mean...?"

"I said who cares for your jobs... You all work in my hospital, so who cares...? And you're already capable and experienced enough, that a few holidays will not affect your brain...
I have enough money to feed your upcoming eighth-generation without dropping a sweat...
But the way you all acted yesterday, the day is not so far when you all will disgraced in Agnihotri's name..." His tone is cleared like water, no turning back...