~Chapter 10~

Unedited chapter ahead!! You may find some errors. Feel free to correct me in comments.

Happy Reading

*********************************************************************************

Both Ishaan and Aarush were trying to get over the surprise and guilt that some words spoken by Aadya had caused.

They both couldn't believe that the woman who just came into their house a few days ago, was sending them on a guilt trip even when she hardly knows anything about them.

"How can I not know that Mayra has a health problem? " Aarush yelled, to no one but himself.

"I know I am not the best husband one could get, but at least I should've been aware of it. " Aarush spoke to himself.

"No doubt she said that we have nothing left, because clearly I didn't take an effort before and now when I'm trying, she's not in the mood. " Aarush explained himself, trying to calm down his own frustration over the fact.

As he stood up and wandered in his office, all the memories jogged in his brain.

He did realize that all the dreams, Mayra ever had came crashing down when she married him. And now even if tries, she won't really care.

But he knows one thing for sure. And that is, that now he has grown to like her. And he can't ever let her go.

She once tried too hard that now she has no hope left, but now he was determined to put in all the effort, if it meant them being together.

But one thing that is still confusing him is, why did she say no to divoce?

Not like he is not happy about it, still somewhere he feels that there is something he still doesn't know and he should try to find it as soon as possible.

.
.
.
.

Elsewhere, in Ishaan's cabin, he was sitting with his head rested on his hands as guilt just flowed through his body.

Just yesterday Navya told him about her past and today Aadya just gave him a well needed reality check.

Not until today, did he realise the amount of damage that he had done due to his stupidity.

His mind went to the past when he saw her for the first time. The innocence, the pureness and the joy that her eyes once possessed is now all lost.

Now they just look too tired, every single time he looks at them. It didn't really bother him until today as he thought about how would her life had been if he was never a part of it.

She would be in college, like Aadya. Would've been strong and fierce like her.

Even though he's not really fond of his brother's wife, he soon understood the fact that the reason for her snatky attitude and rudeness towards them. Is not her, but his brother.

His mind again drifted to Navya, how she would've been enjoying her life, if he would've known better than to destroy a life.

The pathetic feeling about himself did nothing but increased the guilt in him and made his chest heavy.

He got up and paced around anxiously, very well knowing that somewhere his heart did fell for the innocent smile that he no longer sees, and he is the true reason for it.

"I will make it right. " He whispered to himself, once his anxiety calmed down.

.
.
.
.
.