~Chapter 5~

Unedited chapter ahead!! You may find some errors. Feel free to correct me in comments.

<: Happy Reading :>

*********************************************************************************

Nandini Oberoi was so used to all the chitter chatter that goes around that today it was a surprise for her that all the rooms are still quiet.

"Good Morning Mom. " Said, Mayra, her eldest daughter in law who came down stairs followed by the remaining two.

"So, Aadya, do you know that you've to cook today? " Nandini asked.

"So, you brought me to make me a maid, and not your daughter in law" Aadya said making Mayra worried, and Navya shocked.

But Nandini was normal. With a gentle smile she said "No. I brought a daughter in law, but you know traditions and all. So you've to prepare a sweet dish. You know so that we can complete your pehli tasoi.

" Oh yeah, Mumma told me about it. So what about Kheer? " Asked Aadya with excitement.

"Yeah that would be perfect. It's Rishi's favourite. " Nandini said with excitement, but it surely dropped the smile from the new daughter in law's face.

"So, I'm not preparing Kheer, Bhabhis why don't we all go to the kitchen and find something else? " She said walking towards the kitchen.

Mayra looked at Nandini who was a little sad seeing how Aadya behaved, but she knew that she herself was at fault. Mayra gave her an assuring smile, while following Aadya to the kitchen, whereas Navya went back to her room to check on little Aanya.

--------

In the kitchen

"So, Aadya, what do you want to prepare. I mean like what can you prepare? " Mayra asked, while taking out the necessary items for the breakfast.

"Umm... I can prepare only the stuff that helps me survive. And I know how to prepare Kheer only because it's my father's favorite. " Said Aadya, who was actually lying, as she didn't wanted to be the part of rituals where she was forced to be in the position to follow them.

"Uhh... Okay, so I'll guide you. We can prepare halwa, as it is quite easy. " Mayra said, falling short of words to talk to her.

"Okay." Was Aadya's reply.

After that Mayra took out the necessary items, and prepared the breakfast along with almost preparing Halwa, as she could sense that Aadya was in no mood to cook and she didn't want the whole family to eat something that is not good.

"By the way, Mayra Di, why a re you preparing the breakfast. I thought this family had servants for everything. " Aadya asled biting the Apple from the fruit basket on the table.

"I know, but they don't work in the kitchen. I actually fired them. Considering I don't do anything the whole day, I thought I might just cook. I was a chef in a restaurant before I got married. " Mayra said while flipping the paratha.

"Ohh.... So you don't work now? Is it something like the old crap taht is followed in the family? Are wome  not allowed to work after marriage? " Aadya asked as if interrogating a criminal, but it made Mayra smile seeing such energy in the ever dead house.

"No, it's not like that. Initially I used to work. But anyways it was just my hobby that turned into my professioprofession and I used to do it to support my family. Now since I'm married to a man who earns more in a month thatn I've actually earned my entire life, I don't see the point of working. Plus, I have his black card. " Mayra said,  which made Aadya look at her with an amused smile.

"So, we're done. You just now mix it once and then we'll leave it to cook. " Mayra told Aadya, giving her the laddle.

Once they were done, they both took it out on trays and then servants served the breakfast.

After a very silently breakfast, everyone sat on the sofas in the living room, when Aadya came down with her bagpack.

"Where are you going? " Nandini asked.

"Aunti, I'm going to my college, and I'll come back by evening. " She replied.

"College? " Rishi said, surprised.

"Hmm" Aadya hummed bluntly.

"Gosh I married a kid. " Rishi said with a frustrated voice to which Aarush and Ishaan looked at him with disappointment.

"For the record, you forced a kid to marry you. " Mayra said as she brought a tiffin for Aadya.

"Just so let you all know, I'm not a kid. I'm 21" Aadya said, putting the tiffin in her bag.

"You're 21? " Navya asked, calmly yet with a shocked face.

"Yeah, any problem? " Aadya asked.

"No... It's just that you're older than me. " Navya said, as she focussed her face back to Aanya, but it made ishaan raise his head to look at her.

"Navya, how old are you? " Mayra asked.

"I'm going to turn 20 in the next month. " Navya replied.

"Oh which date? " Mayra asked with a little excitement.

"In the next month. " Navya replied.

"Got pretty knocked up for a twenty year old. " Aadya said, which immediately earned her a glare from Mayra and Nandini.

"You've no right to talk to my wife like that. " Ishaan yelled.

"I have right to say whatever I want. " She said and went.

"Mom, I'll go and make her sleep. " Navya said as she walked to her room hurriedly.

Mayra waited for ishaan to go after her, but when he didn't, she called out " Ishaan! "

"Yes bhabhi? "

"What yes? Are you nit going to go and console her? " She questioned.

"Why would she need consoling? " Asked Aarush.

"Ishaan you go. Please. " She said to which Ishaan looked at her strangely and first but went nonetheless.

"And Aarush, just so you know, she was disrespected right now by someone she doesn't even know. What do you think would be her reaction? " Mayra questioned, her eyes and voice a little angry.

Taking it as a cue, both Rishi and Nandini went to their own stuff, while Aarush eyed Mayra with amusement.

"You really feel for that girl? "

"Oh yeah. She's like my little sister, and don't you dare say anything about her. " Mayra threatened as she went towards her room.

"For the record, your little sister destroyed my brother's life. " Aarush yelled as they both went to their room.

"How? By making him more human? "

******************

Hey lovely readers
Hope you like the update.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Love,
Author