Chapter 20

We continued catching up with each other until I sensed a few presences next to the door.

"Come in, I know you guys are watching us." I said, looking at the door leaving Sasuke confused.

The door opened and three people appeared. "We couldn't help watching you guys, it's the first time we've seen him this happy in a long time." Sakura said.

— — —

I laughed before questioning Sakura, Kakashi and Naruto about their states. "How are you two doing? When I found you guys you weren't doing so well. And Naruto, did you get hurt fighting? I didn't get to see you."

"I'm doing better, thanks to your dragon. Thank you Hana." Kakashi told me.

Naruto continued, enthusiastically, "I didn't get hurt at all!"

"And I've never felt better!" Sakura continued, "The girls have been dying to spend some time with you since you came back, do you want to go to the hot springs with us?"

I called Itachi to inform him of what we needed to eat and looked at Sasuke worrily, like I was asking him if it was okay for me to leave the room and he responded with a soft smile, wording the word go.

I left the room and started talking to Sakura before we met up with Ino, Hinata and TenTen. Once we met up with the girls, I exchanged the much needed hugs with the two. They had also gotten me a bag with a change of clothes for after.

After a while in the hot springs, TenTen sparked up a conversation.

"So how's Sasuke doing?"

"He's getting better, he scared me when he dropped though."

"That's great to hear, but I meant his personality." Tenten said, leaving the two other girls interested.

"What do you mean?"

"Once you left he changed completely, and started training like crazy."

"What do you mean? When I talked to him he hadn't changed," I asked, worrying about him.

"Yes, that's right. But he looked really happy in the hospital earlier." Sakura said.

"Really?" Ino asked. "What happened?"

"Hana was with him." Sakura said, looking at me smirking.

'Did he really let himself go when I left?' I thought. "I'll go you guys, thank you so much for everything, let's do something soon!" I said, leaving.

I got dressed quickly before heading back to the hospital. If he was only happy with me then I had to talk to him. Once I got there, I opened the door to be greeted by Sasuke and Itachi.

"Hey Hana!" Itachi said, hugging me. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, Itachi." I said, before getting over to Sasuke who just looked at me with a smile on his face.

"Hey Sasuke, did you eat?" I asked him, before hugging him and sitting down in the chair next to him, taking his hand.

"No, I waited for you." I said, grinning.

"Here, I'll get going now I have plenty of things to do. Call me if you need anything, okay?" Itachi told us before giving us the food bags and leaving the room.

"You really waited for me?" I asked him.

"Yeah Hana, I wanted to eat with you."

"You're so cute, I missed you so much." I told Sasuke, getting closer to him.

"I missed you so much too, Hana." He said, hugging and clutching onto me. Once I separated from him, I couldn't help but notice the light blush on his cheeks and how handsome he had gotten.

I took out a bed table for Sasuke and laid out his food and we started talking. "The girls told me you shut yourself out when I left, is that true?" I asked him, sadly.

He avoided my gaze and mustered a few words, "yeah, that's right."

"I'm sorry, Sasuke. I never meant to make you sad. You should've turned to someone and not shut yourself off." I told him, hugging his arm.

"I know, but they all just told me you'd come back," He said, fighting back tears. "I was angry they stopped searching for you as much as I did." Sasuke continued, looking down and fidgeting with my arm. I leant in to hug him closer and he started talking again, "I started training because I thought I'd be able to get you back if I knew how to fight."

"You shouldn't have gone through that much trouble for me Sasuke." I said hugging him even tighter than I had done before. "I'm not leaving you again."

My words started his tears and I held him until he was able to catch his breath again. "Hana, y-you just mean so much to me, I don't know what I'd have done without you," he said, sniffling, grabbing harder onto my body.

"You mean so much to me too, Sasuke." I responded to his words. We then sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes, enjoying each other's warmth and company. Until that comfortable silence was broken.

"How are your dragons doing?" He asked me.

With that question the silence left for a few hours and we continued talking about our lives, how they had turned out in the last years. Time had passed so quickly that when I looked out the hospital window it was already dark outside.

"Sasuke I have to go, the Hokage set up an apartment for me so I'll be there. If you need anything, call me alright?"

"You have to leave already?" He said, looking up at me with pleading eyes.

"I'll be back tomorrow, don't worry." I said, leaning in for a hug.

I separated from the boy and leaned away from him before he spoke up. "Wait," He said, grabbing my collar before kissing me.

A/N:

Sorry for not updating for almost two weeks, I had so many things to do. Also thank you guys so much for 2.3k views. This is amazing!