Chapter 13 (✿ ♥‿♥)

Vote/ Comment/Fan/DM 

As we prepared for the imminent confrontation, I knew that our actions would determine our destiny - whether we emerged victorious or met our downfall at the hands of this mysterious foe.

☆°・*:.。.☆†_(*゚▽゚*)β))☆.。.:*・°☆

A charged silence enveloped us as we stood poised for the impending clash with the cloaked figure. The night seemed to hold its breath, amplifying the tension that crackled in the air like electricity. Finn positioned himself protectively beside me, his stance reflecting a blend of determination and apprehension. How and the hell did I forget to strap my sword after coming back form the markets!

The figure finally halted a few paces away, their presence a looming specter that cast a chilling shadow over us. A sinister chuckle resonated from beneath the hood, sending a shiver down my spine.

"Ah, young royals," the figure sneered, their voice dripping with malice. "So valiant in your quest for truth and justice. But you have trespassed into dangerous territory, where shadows hold secrets darker than you can fathom."

I exchanged a wary glance with Finn, a wordless communication passing between us as we braced ourselves for whatever malevolent intent lay behind the ominous threat. Hax stood beside us, her expression a mask of surprise flickered in her eyes.

"We will not be swayed by your threats," Finn declared, his voice unwavering as he stared down our adversary. "Reveal yourself and face us openly if you dare. We will not cower before shadows."

The figure paused for a moment, as if considering Finn's challenge before throwing back their hood in one swift motion. In the moonlight, their features were illuminated—sharp and angular, with eyes gleaming like shards of obsidian. Sharp bones protruding over a skull lacking any fat just flesh over bones. Sickly inhuman like skull with eyes devoid of all white.

"I am known as Malachi," the cloaked figure announced with a chilling smirk. "A harbinger of chaos and discord, here to ensure that your noble quest meets an untimely end."

A surge of recognition shot through me at the mention of Malachi—a name whispered in hushed tones among courtiers and commoners alike, a name synonymous with treachery and malevolence.

As Malachi raised their skull sword, the metal catching the moonlight in a gleam of deadly promise, I steeled myself for the battle that loomed on the horizon. Our fate intertwined with threads of destiny that wove a tapestry of uncertainty.

Finn gives a silent signal to me and Hax, then charges towards Malachi with fierce determination. I quickly drag Hax to the corner of the room, ducking under a desk near the library exit for cover. The strong mahogany wood would provide some protection from any potential attacks. Hax, untrained in combat unlike Finn and myself, trembles in fear as she clutches her books close to her chest.

I whisper words of reassurance to Hax, trying to calm her trembling form as the clash of steel and the grunts of battle fill the air. The acrid scent of metal and sweat mingled with the heavy mustiness of old books, creating a surreal backdrop to the confrontation unfolding before us.

Peering out from our hiding spot, I watched as Finn and Malachi danced a deadly dance, their swords flashing in the dim light as they circled each other warily. Finn's movements were swift and precise, fueled by a determination that bordered on recklessness. Malachi, on the other hand, moved with a fluid grace that belied the malevolence in their eyes.

With a swift twirled strike, Finn managed to land a glancing blow on Malachi's arm, eliciting a hiss of pain from our adversary. But Malachi seemed unfazed, their twisted grin widening as they retaliated with a series of swift strikes that drove Finn back towards the shelves of ancient tomes.

I felt Hax's grip tighten on my arm, her wide eyes fixed on the unfolding battle with a mixture of fascination and horror. Despite her fear, she did not look away, her expression a blend of awe and terror at the raw display of power before us.

As the clash escalated, I knew that our only chance lay in working together to overcome this formidable foe. With a quick glance at Hax, I silently communicated our plan - I would create a distraction while Finn launched a decisive attack from behind.

Taking a deep breath to steady my nerves, I steeled myself for what was to come. With a sudden burst of energy, I emerged from our hiding spot and charged towards Malachi, my blade held high as I prepared to engage them in combat.

The element of surprise worked in my favor as Malachi turned towards me, their eyes widening in momentary shock. Seizing the opportunity, Finn lunged forward from behind, his sword aimed for Malachi's exposed flank.

But at the last moment, Malachi twisted away with uncanny speed, narrowly avoiding Finn's blade as they countered with a vicious strike that sent him staggering backwards forcing in to fall backwards. Finn's head hits the mosaic floor with a sickening crack. I gritted my teeth in frustration, knowing that our adversary was no ordinary opponent - they possessed skills and instincts honed by years of dark deeds and nefarious schemes.

As Malachi advanced towards me with lethal intent, I braced myself for the final confrontation that would decide the fate of not only our kingdom but also our very lives. With every fiber of my being focused on the battle ahead, I knew that there could be no turning back - victory or defeat awaited us in the shadows where destiny held its breath.

With a fierce battle cry, Malachi raises his sword high above his head. The blade gleams with a deadly shine, ready to strike at any moment. I know I have no choice but to fight back, my heart pounding in my chest as I grip my own weapon tightly. But just as I close my eyes and prepare for the inevitable clash, another glint catches my eye - Lance's sword, coming to my rescue. He shoves me out of harm's way with a strong hand, and I roll towards Hax, seeking cover from the onslaught.

I watch in awe as Lance takes on Malachi, their swords clashing in a flurry of sparks and steel. Malachi's frown deepens as he is caught off guard by Lance's unexpected appearance. But Lance is relentless, delivering blow after deadly blow until he finally goes in for the kill. Just as his sword is about to pierce Malachi's chest, the villain vanishes before our very eyes, transforming into a swarm of writhing black spiders.

My skin crawls as I realize the true extent of Malachi's powers. But with Lance by my side, I know we can face whatever challenges lie ahead. Together, we stand victorious - for now.

Lance rushes over to me, his hands patting me down in a panic. I brush him off and make my way over to Finn, who is still bleeding from the impact of the fall. Panic sets in as I tear off a strip of fabric from my dress to use as a makeshift tourniquet for his wound. Upon closer inspection, I see that the gash is shallow and barely leaking. Good, he will heal quickly.

"You still haven't answered my question," Lance says sternly, breaking through my thoughts.

"Everyone else comes before me," I reply, turning to him. I watch as he helps Hax put down the books she had been hiding under during the attack.

"What the hell was that thing?" Hax shudders, trying to shake off the fear that still lingers.

"It appears we have bigger enemies than we thought. Let me take Finn to the hospital. You two should also get checked out. What happened?"

"Finn and I came to talk to Hax when that monster suddenly appeared and knocked him out. Luckily you arrived just in time."

"Where is your sword, Abigail?" Lance moves me aside to lift Finn onto his shoulders. His gaze is intense and disapproving as he looks down at me. Wait, why is he shirtless? When did that happen? My eyes trail down his muscular chest before snapping back up to his face.

"You are a part of the Sound now. You should always have your weapon with you, no matter what. This deserves punishment. What if I hadn't arrived on time?"

My hands were stained with blood, a constant reminder of my failure. I couldn't shake off the feeling of guilt and shame that consumed me. If Lance hadn't come to our rescue, we would have all met our end. How can I lead my kingdom if I can't even protect my closest friends? My doubts and insecurities consumed me, making me question my abilities as a future king.

☆°・*:.。.☆†_(*゚▽゚*)β))☆.。.:*・°☆

Vote/ Comment/Fan/ DM