Chapter 32: Dead Man's Act

Start from the beginning

"Such brilliant acting. He's gonna make me cry." Rimuru thought as he wasn't impressed at all by Clayman's acting skills.

"What's more, Rimuru conspired with Carrion in an attempt to kill me. Mjurran informed me of this with the last of her strength. And upon learning of Carrion's betrayal, Milim was so enraged that she destroyed the Animal Kingdom of Eurazania, and Carrion was killed." Clayman shifted the attention to Milim as he spoke on her behalf while she remained silent and emotionless. "Of course, I admonished Milim telling her that doing such a thing without evidence is unforgivable. But please, do not blame Milim. She did it all for my sake." Clayman spoke in a false tone of regret and guilt as he lowered his head. "I'm certain you will all understand now that this petty majin called Rimuru is a fool who gives Demon Lords a bad name! I believe it would be appropriate to purge him!" He gave a flamboyant and strong finish to his act before bowing his head respectfully to the other Demon Lords to finish his act. "Thank you." He said before taking his seat once more.

"We will now hear an explanation from our guest." Rain announced as Rimuru stood up from his seat to take his turn as his Gojira eye and fang subsided and returned to normal as he calmed down.

"Clayman, was it? You're a liar." Rimuru directly accused Clayman of telling lies to the Demon Lords.

"What?" Clayman said in an annoyed tone.

"Frankly, the status of Demon Lord means nothing to me. The thing about Carrion-san deceiving me was a lie, and the Kingdom of Falmuth only invaded us out of their own greed." Rimuru explained to him as Clayman was not impressed by Rimuru's demeanor.

"Hah! And who would believe such excuses? One of my subordinates was killed!" Clayman emphasized the detail of Mjurran's fate.

"Mjurran is alive." Rimuru said as this got a slight reaction from Clayman as he hitched a breath down his throat.

"I wondered what you would say next." Clayman said as he didn't believe a word coming from Rimuru's mouth.

"Mjurran, the only one you say testified to you, is currently in my care. So I won't allow you to get near her, and any testimony you give will never convince anyone." Rimuru said as Clayman was amused by such words.

"Haha! You would do something so cowardly?" Clayman asked as Rimuru was confused by what he meant.

"Cowardly?" Rimuru said to Clayman.

"Did you tamper with Mjurran's corpse and place an evil spirit in it?" Clayman spoke of a possibility that would put Rimuru in favor of the others through underhanded tricks.

"Yeah, I didn't expect you to believe anything I said. So..." Rimuru trailed off as he raised his hand to the small pillar of magicules at the center of the table as it changed to a sphere which all of them could see scenes of what was going on outside. "Look at this." Rimurus said as he revealed to the Demon Lords what was happening outside the dimension they were in as Clayman looked up in confusion.

"S-Stop! Please don't! LORD CLAYMAN!!!!!" One of the Five Fingers under Clayman, Yamza, pleaded for his life as he was forced to devour a strange orb of power before he was forcibly turned into Charybdis.

"I-Impossible!" Clayman said in disbelief of what was happening on the sphere.

"Clayman's forces were annihilated...The plan failed." Clayman's ally, Footman, said in disbelief as Tear, another one of his allies, was in the frame. "The losses suffered here are far too great. I suppose this means we should have just stayed quiet, as he said." Footman said in regret.

"Right?! Laplace even warned us about this! It's all Clayman's fault this time!" Tear spoke and blamed Clayman for such a disaster on their end.

"On that note..." The scene on the magisphere was paused as Rimuru felt enough was shown to the Demon Lords to reveal the lies that Clayman was trying to pull over the other Demon Lords heads.