Chapter Eight.

Sometimes you just have to lie on the floor. Of course after two years of lying alone it was nice to have someone next to me for a change. After the drinks at the Cafe Charlie and i ended up wandering for a while talking about anything that came to mind. There was never a moment of unease, the conversation flowed naturally as if it was scripted before we met.

"... and so i guess i was terrified of being like that for the rest of my life." Charlie confessed.

"Has anyone written a book about your life because i know an Author, we happen to be very close!" That earned me a light-hearted chuckle in response which released some tension from my chest that i hadn't noticed was there, but now i felt better then i had in a long time. "So just out of friendly curiosity and not for notes on a best selling novel i may be about to start, how did you change?" For a moment everything went silent, but it was oddly comfortable.

"It's hard to describe. I just kind of woke up one day and something just snapped, i decided that i didn't want to feel that way anymore so i did everything i could to change. It took a lot of time to get myself to where i wanted to be, but it was worth it." The marble floor was cold making my still slightly damp shirt stick uncomfortably to my back, but that was quickly forced to the back of my mind because i had never noticed that the ceiling of the shopping center was made completely of glass. For the first ten minutes of gazing through the massive panes of glass the sky was slowly shifting from red to orange to pink in a mesmerizing display, it was truly amazing but all i could think was how the hell did they get that much glass that high into the air without killing anybody?

(Answer: I have no clue, i'm not a glass expert , it must have been either using cranes and winches or magic.)

As the sun dipped beneath the horizon and the clouds dissipated, thousands of beautiful stars littered the vast expanse of the black canvas. Looking up at the lights pinned up above it finally made me realize how small i actually was compared to the rest of the world. Charlie shifted her position next to me and for a fleeting moment her hand slipped into mine and her shoulder stayed pressed firmly against mine, the small insignificant contact caused heat to flood my body sending an electric current to blaze across my skin with a single touch. I couldn't see her because my eyes were fixed on the glass panels and drifting clouds fixed above me, i may have been imagining but i swear i could feel her smiling next to me and that was enough for a swarm of butterflies to be released in the pit of my stomach. One thing i defiantly didn't imagine was her fingers interlacing with mine. So there we were lying in the middle of the shopping center, star gazing like a couple of crazy people, ignoring management as they threatened to call the police.

______

I was about to vomit, but i couldn't vomit because were are too many people around and the only thing worse then throwing up your guts in front of a large crowd of people is throwing up your guts in front of a large crowd of people who would then tweet about it. I pushed myself back towards the bar hidden from her by a wall of people. With a light head i walked unsteadily back over to the bar and lent heavily upon the cool surface. I don't understand why she's here, this is the last place she would ever come because that's why i'm here. Gavin, the bartender gave me a sympathetic look and made his way over to me.

"Whats up Jess? Having a rough night? " He grabbed a bottle from the island behind him and started twirling it effortlessly in his hands as if it was a habit he couldn't shake. I couldn't quite respond from fear of what would come out of my mouth unintentionally so i simply rested my head in the crook of my elbow and gave him a small thumbs up. At that he laughed deeply and tapped the top of my head with the smooth palm of his hand. I don't know why people feel the need for physical contact when they see someone in pain, i especially do not understand a pat on the head, what is that suppose to do? It didn't really make me feel any better, if anything it just made me understand why all my childhood animals used to hate me, i always used to pat them on the head, its pretty degrading if i'm honest. They all really bloody hated me. I heard the clunk of a bottle being placed on the bar and the ruffle of clothing moving as Gavin folded his arms over his chest.