Zephyr's Grand Plan

My heart lifts a little as I realize that soon, I'll be out of here, but I'm still worried for Sanji's safety. In the fight, if the others are distracted... Zephyr won't waste an opportunity to kill him.  And my trident is in the store room I think. I look around, and notice a bag with something bulging in it, but my trident is nowhere to be found.  Can I summon it? Maybe, just maybe, but I need my strength back.I'm still weakened from drugs.  Someone calls my name again, and Zephyr puts a hand over my mouth to stifle my response. Instead, I shoot a quick dark magic flare, hoping I don't hit anyone. I hear a curse from Percy, and assume I hit him. I may have hit him, but maybe he'll see th direction it came from. I hide a smile as the footsteps get closer.

"Shit." Zephyr mutters. 

I wrest hs hand off my mouth with a curse. "Damn, have you ever washed your hands?" 

"Literally just before you came in." Zephyr replies. 

"Change your soap then." I snap.

Ugh, I can't believe how fucking competitive and arguementative I am. If someone's willing to fight, I'll oblige. Damn.  At least his hand is off of my mouth now. I turn away from him and see a glimpse of silver shine in the corner. My spirits rise, until I see that it's not my trident. Of course, it's still in the storeroom. I use a summoning spell with my hands behind my back, feeling magic course through me into my hands. After a moment of concentration, I feel a solid, familiar handle in my palm and smile. I feel a major drain in my energy as I let my magic fade, and a wave of exhaustion crashes over me. This is only the begining though. The footsteps are now loud enough for Zephyr to hear clear as day. 

"How-" he starts, grabbing me.

His grip is like steel, and no matter how much I struggle, I can't break free, especially as he puts an arm around my neck. He tightens his grip, cutting off air. My trident falls from my grip, landing on the floor with a clink

"Get- off - me." I gasp. "You wouldn't actually-" I choke even more, gasping for air as he tightens his grip, spots dancing in my vision. "kill me."  I finish.

He grins. "Are you sure about that?"

I kick at him, but he moves a leg out of reach. "Nice try."

The doors slam open just as I kick him right where it hurts. He drops me quickly, and I land, only wobbling a little.

"Chase! Hey, are you okay?!" Percy says, running to me.

I'm still gasping for air, and it takes me a moment to respond. "Y-yeah, I think so." 

He turns to Zephyr. "That was a low trick. Drugging someone to kidnap them?" he shakes his head. "Dirty, low trick."

"I do what I have to to get what I want." Zephyr replies with a shrug.

"Can't want me that bad, since you just tried to kill me!" I snap.

Sanji runs in. "There you are! Chase, please tell me you're okay."

"Exhausted, but for the most part, yeah, I'm okay." I reply.

"Other than the fact this bastard just tried to kill you!" Percy chimes in.

I put a hand to the back of my neck, where he gripped me, and wince at the tenderness.

"Okay, other than that." I admit.

Sanji looks furious. "He what? He put his hands on you?"

"Well obviously. I fucking own her!" Zephyr retorts.

"Nobody owns her!" Sanji replies, his voice filled with rage.

"Well I-" Zephyr cuts himself off mid-sentince and yells, "ARCHERS, ATTACK!"

What? He has archers? Since when?

"Wha-" Sanji starts. 

I notice a arrow coming at him from behind, and tackle him out of the way.

"Sanji!" Percy yells, obviously not paying attention as he fights Zephyr. All he saw was the arrow.

Sanji and I roll, slamming into a wall. "Sanji, please be careful. The archers are on all angles. They can shoot at any time from any angle." I say.

He meets my eyes, and a spark of warmth runs through me.

"Duly noted." he replies, kissing me briefly before getting up. "Chase, get out of here. The others are at the main gate. Percy and I are the only ones who came in."

"But Sanji, what about you?" I ask, scared of the answer.

"We'll be okay." he says, but I can tell he's lying.

"Chase, just go! We'll meet you outside in ten minutes!" Percy yells over, dodging a swipe of Zephyr's sword.

Sanji kisses me. "See you soon. Now go."

Reluctantly, I get up and run over to the exit, but a flurry of arrows cuts me off at the door.

"Let her go. I have what I need right here." Zephyr says.

The archers lower their bows, and causiously, I step out into the hall. As my feet hit plush carpet, I take off in a run.  What did Zephyr mean by 'I have what I need right here?' Too late, I realize what was in that bag. I run back, boots thudding against carpet. 

I get to the door, out of breath. I have a split second to register the battle scene. Percy and Sanji, beaten up and still standing, Zephyr backing up and grabbing the bag.

"Percy! Sanji! Get out now!" I call, panic clear in my voice.

Sanji turns, looking confused. "Chase? What are you doing here? We told you to go!"

"Dynamite." I reply.

"What?" he says.

"There's dynamite in the bag Zephyr's holding!" I say.

"DYNAMITE?!" Percy cries.

"Yes! Get out, now!" I reply.

Zephyr laughs. "Sweet of you to warn them, but too late."

The dynamite explodes, and the world goes black.