25

Chapter 25

After All

I'm now here at my house, styling Callie's hair, right after the trip back here from Boracay. She stayed with me the whole time, because I asked her to. But, I think she likes being with me as well. It's pretty clear! Look at those reddened cheeks on the reflection from the vanity mirror!

I made her sit down on the chair by the vanity desk I have at home, because I was bored and clearly had nothing to do. I decided to style Callie's hair and she looked pretty with it! I can't believe she doesn't style her gorgeous black hair, but I'm pretty glad and in awe at how nicely treated her hair is. It's so soft..

"Ouch.." She suddenly bit her lip, trying to not force a sound everytime I brushed her hair.

"You don't brush your hair, do you?" I raised a brow, judgementally looking at her through the mirror. She pouted.

"I do! But, not that harsh," She grits her teeth a bit— does it really hurt? I became gentle with my touch on her hair.

"I'm sorry," I pouted as well and fluttered my eyes at her, I could see the way she avoided my gaze. I chuckle. I just know she can't avoid me.

"You look so pretty!" I said after a while of styling her hair. It made her soft face stand out more, instead of hair getting in the way. Especially, her long eyelashes that I had just realized that were maybe longer than mine. I looked at her intently— this time not in the mirror. "I didn't know you had long eyelashes?" I might have made it obvious that I was in awe..

Her gaze returns mine and the way she flinched with a reddened face had just made me realize the closeness we had. I distanced my face from hers casually, to not make it obvious that I was also panicking deep inside. Why is she so gorgeous?! I want to be up close with her!!

"Thank you," She hid a smile. We were already dating, but I guess it's impossible to just show how much we both get giddy at the sight of each other. To think of it she's the first and will be the last girl I've ever dated, so I don't really know what to do with girls other than styling hair and doing their make up... or cuddling? But, I don't know if she's up for that... Although, I do want to..

"Bunny, do you want to—" I was about to ask her if we could cuddle in my bed, but her phone suddenly rang. She picked it up and ended it right after.

"Baby, I have to go... My father's looking for me. I guess he needs someone at the restaurant right now to assist him other than his staff.." She says as she looks up at me, reminding how she was still sitting on my vanity chair and I was standing right next to her. I crouched down a bit and smiled at her.

"Or he probably misses you?" I chortle. I remember how Chase immediately hugged me after we got home, he really did miss me, despite seeing him the other day at Boracay— we couldn't get much interaction, because I was with Callie the whole time. Not that I complain! I loved how Callie was with me the whole time.

"Impossible, this face?" She pointed at herself jokingly. I sometimes don't like it when she brings herself down like this, especially knowing she might've meant that she resembled too much of her mother's face that it would haunt her father. I sigh and squint my eyes at her.

"Impossible?" I got closer. "Then, why do I miss you?" I saw her eyes dilate even more. How is that possible? Her eyes looked like a darker hue of her usual hazel eyes now, because of how dilated her eyes became.

She gave me a peck on the lips and got up from the seat. "Goodbye, Celeste, got to go!" I was supposed to be offended on how she left me hanging and how she called me by my name and not 'baby'. But, the way she did all of that, made me feel special.. Well, she did say she'd call me Celeste when the time felt meaningful..

She left the house and I followed suit. I saw her walking down the path near the road, since she didn't bring her bike around, she had to walk or at least ride a bus home. "Goodbye, I love you!" I shouted, despite knowing she wouldn't have heard me now. I just saw her skipping as she walked. Is she that happy? My lips rose to a side smile.

I heard my brother cough behind me. Oh .. I forgot he was here. He was standing there, by the stairs, with his arms crossed and a cheeky smile plastered on his face. What now..???

I saw him twirl a strand of his blonde hair. "Oh my Gosh... CaMilLe? YeaH, I haTe HeR." He mocked me and my head was about to explode in anger and fluster.

"Shut up!" I close the front door harshly and also crossed my arms to face him..

"GoSh.. wHo ? I don'T knOw A CaMilLe." He continued and sassily rolled his eyes like how I'd always done.

                                                                 "Find yourself a wife and don't bother me! Ugh!" I rolled my eyes and went up the stairs to avoid him. I went straight to my room and closed the door. Finally! He's gone. I threw myself in bed and cheekily smiled while I opened my phone to a lot of notification.

mwamwa 💋