20

Chapter 20

The Family Vacation II

Celeste

"You heard me. She's mine." She murmured under her breath. I felt my cheeks get warmer, I was still sitting down while she was holding him by his neck. I must be insane for blushing right now, when I must stop this argument! Everyone is looking at us weirdly.

"Callie," I call her out by the old nickname I made for her. I must have missed calling her that. . She looked at me with glimmering hazel eyes and just stopped holding the stranger by the collar. I sigh and smiled at her. She smiled back at me and then . .

"Freak!—" The stranger shouted at her and punched her in the face. He didn't have enough and just could've left right away?!

"Hey!" I spiked my voice and stepped forward to protect Callie's unguarded position.

"What's going on here?" My brother asked as he walked with his assistant. It made me sigh in relief, because now we would ensure our safeties.

The stranger got reported to the police by my brother. I'm so glad they got there in time. Before we left for the boarding house, I took my stuff and my brother gave Callie some ice to tend on her cheek. Right now, we're walking on our way to the Coopers' boarding house.

I walked quietly. She kept pace beside me, quiet as well. I'm so worried. . This really is too quiet for someone like her. I wanted to hold her hand and squeeze it, so I could make sure that she knows I'm here to comfort her. That's why I've been swinging my hands for almost 20 minutes, so it could happen to land on hers. I feel so silly. .

She must have noticed that I kept glancing over at her, as she immediately looked away.

"I'm sorry," She murmured.

"Sorry for what?" I immediately asked. I wanted to know.

"Well. . I said that you were my girlfriend and that you were mine." She said.. Well? I didn't expect that, I just thought she'd say something like 'Oh, that I threatened a stranger' which I totally understood as well, because we could've not been safe, if she didn't do all that. And to be honest. . Even if she said all those things,