23

Must be Love - Laufey

Chapter 23
The Best Night

I flutter my eyes desperately, trying to win a 'yes!' with being pretty. I hope my long eyelashes work out...

For a moment, her mouth went agape, having her jaw dropped. I sweat out of nervousness.. Even now? Won't she ever talk to me again?

She suddenly puts down the box to the side and took something from her pocket. It was a bracelet made of pearls. . Real pearls.

She softly put it on my wrist. I touched it and looked at how they all had a special shine of crimson.

"Did you buy this?! This is so pretty!" My brows arched in excitement and this time— I was the one jaw dropped.

"No. . I made it. . Earlier." She quietly said. "Yes, of course, I'll go out with you." Even though I was still staring at how pretty the bracelet is, I could feel the smile in her words. I looked at her intently. She made this when she left, earlier? Just for me?

My heart melts even more, knowing she probably didn't leave because of what happened. . Did she?

"So, you're not mad?" I pout at her.

"Mad about what?" She asked innocently.

"About what happened earlier? Don't you get jealous easily?—" I couldn't finish what I was about to say when she pulled a very shocked expression. Cute!

"I wasn't jealous!" She scoffed lightly. "Well, I felt uncomfortable when he arrived... That's why I left, and you probably wanted to spend some time with him too. So," She sweat.

"Well, you don't have to worry anymore! I'll be with you now. I'm yours now!" I giggled and her cheeks went crimson! She looked far more crimson than the pearly bracelet she gave me..

"H-Huh?!" She looked around, as if to check if anyone heard right as well. "Don't say anything ridiculous in front of other people please.." She pleaded and I laughed. Did she not accept my invitation? On becoming my girlfriend?

"But, you said yes?" I clarified.

"Yes?— Yes! T-To your invitation for tomorrow's guide.. Was it not for tomorrow's guide..?" She sounded terrified. I laughed. She really did get it wrong.

"I meant— I want to be yours now. Like, can we be girlfriends?" I got closer, making sure she was the only one to hear, so she won't need to look around to clarify what she heard. I'll make sure of us.

She had my eyes on mine and got even more crimson. "You're lucky nobody's here anymore." She mumbled. "And I'm supposed to be the one to ask that." She got grumpy.

The sides of my lips rose to a quirky smile. Why is she acting so cute, beautiful, gorgeous, and adorable right now?

"Celeste," She called out and reached for my hand, that had the bracelet worn on it. "Will you be my girlfriend? And my only best girlfriend? My first and last?" She sounded like she was begging for me.

"Yes, yep, yup!" I hop happily and hugged her. "I love you, bunny!" She hugged me back warmly. I really am lucky to have her! She made effort on finding pearls that would shine crimson, just for me! She made effort even way before when I still hated her, because of some misunderstanding. It made me feel like she was mine ever since then and I didn't even realize it!!! AAAAAA!!!!

"I love you so much more, baby." Her voice sounded pleasing like honey. Just thinking about her can make me go crazy, and now that I hear her voice near me I feel like my breath's been taken away!!$?#+

We stopped hugging and she looked intently at me... She smiled downwardly.

"You're red as a cherry." She playfully smiled and brushed a stroke of my hair behind my ear. "Let's go up," She grabbed my hand and held it.

NOW THAT WE'RE OFFICIAL, WHY IS SHE SO MUCH SWEET AND AND AND THIS IS MAKING ME GO INSANE!!!!!!

I happily hummed as a response and skipped while we walked upstairs to our room. After we got into our room, she went to her bed and I went to mine. Ever since that walk, I could still see a hint of a smile from her face. I smile back. Is it just me or is her smile kind of contagious?

I decided to go shower, because I didn't have time to wash off the beach scent and ocean smell from me earlier. I didn't see any washing rooms near that area too,  so I had to wait until we got back here.

While showering, a lot of thoughts came to me. Does she smile like that to other people too? Is she really caring as well to other people? Does she look pretty to others? I wanted to ask her all of these questions, but I feel like it would be tiring..

I wore my comfortable white sweater and some short shorts. I had my towel up drying my hair right now and I'm back in bed. She was already asleep and I had nothing to do but be bored with this intense energy surging into me ever since we became girlfriends!

I decided to take a casual selfie and post it on my instagram.. It was a perfect timing, because my hair got a bit drier now, so I could take off the towel from my hair.

_sephijo
The best night! 🐇🥕🍓

I decided to find her instagram, because ever since we became distant— I avoided her everywhere as possible. I didn't know what her instagram account would be, so I decided to get closer to her side of the room and maybe ask her what her instagram is. I would disturb her sleep though... Oh, well.

"Callie?" I softly called out. "Can I check your phone?" I asked quietly and she just hummed as a response. Okay! Hehe.

I took her phone and she had her motorbike as her wallpaper. That's cool! I tried opening it, but it had a password. What could it be? I don't want to disturb her any further... Could it be her birthday? I put it in, but it didn't work.

Could it be..

It opened. Oh? I didn't expect it to be the date we first met?

Everything she ever did or does will forever make me be even more down bad for her. I giggle as I go through her phone. At first, the home screen wallpaper surprised me even more. . She had me as her wallpaper! It was a picture I took and uploaded on my instagram a year ago. Could it be that she has been following me and has been kept updated with my posts all this time?

The atmosphere suddenly warms up. I sighed softly, "Why is it that everything you do makes me feel so . ." I murmur and checked her username in instagram.

calliarc_

She had no profile on. Okay! My business is done here. Now, time to follow her back since she already followed me. I put her phone down on the bed desk and kissed her forehead and went back to my bed.

I followed her back and stalked her account. She had posts as well. It all dates back to three years ago. Hmm, let's review all of them!

calliarc_
3 years ago
back in the grind (⁠ب⁠_⁠ب⁠)
#goblingame

calliarc_
3 years ago