05

Chapter 5

Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High? - Arctic Monkey

Callie

Her eyes looked sober, yet her words were drunk.

"I miss you." She gulped and tripped over, I caught her in my arms and stared at her; I got worried.

Why would she miss me? I thought she always had hatred in mind whenever I'm present. She's probably just... drunk.

"Speak up," She got frustrated. I could hear her trembling. "I don't want to be the only one who feels like this."

"Sephi-"

"Celeste?" I heard my cousin, Zayn, come closer and got worried for her. "What happened to her?" He asked.

"She just got drunk," I looked away. Why is he here? Why now?

He held her in his arms and my heart crushed. I could feel a vein popping from my fist.

"How's she with you? I thought she had already left with her friends." He said in a genuine worried tone. Why is he so worried?

"Hiii Zaynie~" Celeste stumbles over him and touches him in the face playfully. "Callie and I were just having a fUn reUnioN!" She continues.

I gulp and look away. Why am I so pissed?

"Reunion?" He smiled at her. "I thought you didn't know her-"

"Look, dude. She's drunk, she needs to go home." I butt in.

Seph looked at me and pouted. Then, she came closer to clung onto my arm.

"But, I still want to spend time with you! I need an explanation from you, remember? Please?~" She begged with puppy eyes. I could feel my cheeks warm up as her face was so close to mine.

"No, you need to go home..." I looked down in embarrassment.

Zayn laughs, "Yeah, I'll take you home, Celeste. Callie is a bit shy when it comes to communication and stuff. Especially when you don't know her that well."

I cringe at his words. Don't act like you know me, Cooper.

"No! I won't go home!" She pouted and pulled my arm tighter. "I'm staying with Callie! And don't call her that! Only I get to!" She points fingers at Zayn.

Is she really that drunk? She probably doesn't mean all of these words she has said to me. I'm afraid Zayn would take advantage of her, so I should protect her and be with her at all cost.

If she really does insist on coming over at my place, instead of going home, it'd still be alright. I'm sure I won't do anything that would cause her trouble. And if she gets nagged by her older brother the next day, she would still be alright by then.

"She's staying with me." I said and she happily smiled. Her smile really showed her dimples and made me smile as well. Cute.

"Alright, cous. I'll trust you with her. Just make sure she's in one piece when she gets home, okay?" He said and I almost rolled my eyes pathetically.

I gave her my black jacket and went outside to the front yard to get to my motorbike. I passed by a girl, sitting down on the grass. She looked pretty drunk as well. I think it was one of the friends Seph was with. We made eye contact, which made me want to just give Seph to her. But, she's still holding onto me so tightly...

"Wait, let me get my helmet." I said to her as I gently removed her hand from linking my arm. While I was trying to get my helmet, she hugged me in the back.