CHAPTER 58

Silence.

The closed space of the lift is dark, no ounce of light is visible to Yeojin's sight. She didn't even know where she is currently seated, let alone know where the other is. She only knows she's been sitting there for quite a few minutes.

Earlier, after the incident wherein she ended up being in his arms, Yeojin immediately let go and took few steps to her side yo create distance while chanting her apologies for suddenly grabbing him for support.

After that incident, she didn't dare to talk as she doesn't want to embarrass herself more. She's refraining herself to make any sound.

Yeojin heaved a sigh. She's afraid of the dark and being in the darkness for a few minutes now is making it hard for her. Finally, she cleared her throat.

"Umm hi? " She broke the silence while gripping her wallet tightly. The amount of confidence she's gathering at the moment to talk to the man is no joke, considering the times she faces embarrassment whenever she encounters him.

Yeojin heard a humm from a great distance.

"I don't have my phone with me and I'm sorry for asking, but do you have yours with you? " She bit her lips, closing her eyes. She didn't know if the cause of her rapid heartbeat is the darkness or the fact that the she's with the man alone in a closed space...

"If you have, can you light up your flashlight? " She added, rubbing both of her hands.

"I don't have my phones with me either, " the man responded. "I'm sorry. "

Yeojin began shaking her head vigorously despite the other couldn't see her. "Oh no, it's alright...."

Silence.

"Are you afraid of the dark? "

She heard him asked. She hummed, "I do, sorry. "

Yeojin didn't know why she apologized when she did nothing wrong. Maybe it's just her, not knowing what to do. Maybe it's in a human nature to say things when you're in a tight spot and didn't know what to do.

"You're scared. " That is not a question but a statement, so she stayed quiet. "You don't have to be sorry for something you cannot control. "

Is he really from SNU? Why is he like that? Why is he kind?

"Come here. "

Yeojin nearly choked from what she heard. There is no way she would go to him in the dark. Who knows if she stumbled and embarrassed herself in front of him again. Also, what does he mean by thay?

Is he asking for her to sit next to him?

A shade of pink immediately appears in Yeojin's cheeks.

Oh my god! My heart is going to explode, fickery!

"U-uh..."

"Nevermind. I'll just go to you—" he paused, "Is that okay with you though? "

Lord, thank you but I don't think my heart can take this....But who am I to complain?!

"Y-yes, of course. " She answered.

There's a shuffling sound here and there before Yeojin felt a presence next to her. She moved her shoulders, thinking there's at least a good distance between them but she froze when her shoulder immediately brushed his.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to! I just thought you're quite far but believe me I really didn't meant to bump you! " She immediately spoke, too instant that she sounded defensive. Perhaps she is. She's panicking after all.

A soft yet sexy chuckle erupted the room.

Even his laugh is so fucking attractive, what the hell?!

"I didn't know you're this cute too when you're being worked up— "

Cute when being worked up....

Yeojin's eyes abruptly widened from the realization. "Oh my god, my bff Heeseung..."

She whispered, totally done with herself for forgetting about the man who is probably waiting for her at the lobby. She's too distracted with her current situation with her crush that she forgot about the sole reason why she's in the lift before the whole 'black out' incident happened.

"Hmm? " The man beside her hummed.

She faced him even thou she couldn't see him. "I was supposed to meet someone in the lobby— oh my gosh, he'll probably think I'm a ghoster or something....Or he might think I really do not want to return his money— OH MY GOD, WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME! "

In the midst of her panicking, a chuckle erupted the room. She froze as she caught her breath. No, not because pf his attractive chuckle, but because of the hand that suddenly held her elbow.

Fuck!

"Yeojin, " he spoke with rasp voice.

Oh my god, he knows my name! How did he know my name?!

"I told you, you don't have to return it. I really don't mind. "

Huh?

HUH?!!!

"Oh my god..." Yeojin uttered, still in the state of shock and confusion.

"Surprise? "

"Kill me. "

-